Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the forum and trying to rebuild a 2000 TRX350FE 4x4 ES. I bought a new combination meter assembly that I through would fit, then saw that the terminal was different. After some additional research, I found that I ordered part # 37200-HN0-A02 but should have ordered 37200-HN5-A12. Partzilla would not take the part back since it was electronic and had been opened.

I have read that part # 37200-HN4-671 would work, but frankly I don't want to buy another one and sell the one I have on eBay.

My question: can I splice in (i.e. hard-wire) the 37200-HN0-A02 and have it work properly without causing any other problems? Has anyone done something like this successfully?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
96 Posts
In 2003 they added a diagnostic flash code to the Display. Looking at the wiring diagram, it is not labeled, but I believe the White/Pink is the wire that carries the code from the ECU to the Display. So your 2000 will not have a White/Pink wire.
The 2003 eliminated the feed-thru Black/Blue wire from the Display and moved it elsewhere, but you can simply splice the Black/Blue to the Black/Brown to get it wired the same way. Then leave the White/Pink disconnected.
Not a trivial task, but doable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts