Honda ATV Forum banner

Who should be the March 2019 Honda ATV of the Month?

• fishfiles

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Jillian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GirlsRideToo

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Let the voting begin for the March 2019 Honda ATV of the Month! We will leave the poll open until the end of the month and then announce the winner. We got some really good pics this month, thanks to everyone that participated and GOOD LUCK!!

fishfiles

2000 TRX450-SS : Hooked-Up
450 jug sleeved for 93.5 J+E custom piston and Total Seal Gapless rings , TRX400 head ( smaller combustion chamber/higher compression ) intake dog house ported , HMF exhaust and Dyno-Jet carb jet kit , K+N air filter , snorkeled , 34.5% reduction/1 piece primary gear , EBC Racing clutch kit and HD springs , Wide Open 4x2 kickoff , shimmed front diff , 6 inch front a-arms with grease-able Helms , Cobra custom axles , structural pipe steering bars with Helms , Brute Force 750 shocks , 6 1/2 stretched swing arm , disc conversion front and rear , hydraulic brake conversion front and rear , Grizzly 700 left brake lever , foot brake extension , Gold Wing 1000 foot brake master cylinder , billet remote reservoir , Fragola brake hoses and fittings , dual Duracell batteries , relocated double stacked oil coolers with a BigMo custom cooler cover , dual fans , one fan on engine , one fan on cooler , headlight/dash pod raised 7 inches and fitted with a LED light and Garmin GPS mount , front head lights replaced with LEDs, 20 inch LED bar on front rack , 2 LED pods on rear rack ( for night time tailgaters ) , 1000 watt BOSS BlueTooth sound system , 4 pod speakers , wired to MP3 player w/ 300 song capacity / +FM Radio , Warn winch , extended fairlead for custom front bumper guard , custom stick stoppers , 2 inch spacers in rear and 1 inch in the front , 29.5 Outlaws on ITP SS alum.rims , rear view mirror , Gerber machete holder , aluminum rear deck with imitation Yeti ice chest and S.S. tie downs , floor boards , custom Dodge a/c drier drink holder with imitation Yeti coo'ze (LOL) , dual Pelican boxes , one box is for amp , MP3 player and cell phone , other box for storage , grease fittings tapped in axle tubes and drive shaft tube , reverse lock out by-pass gizmo , receiver hitch , OEM tool kit , GoldWing Eagle license plate and flag holder

Jillian

1987 Honda Fourtrax that I bought last fall for $500 Canadian. Beat to crap and I spent the winter outside in below freezing working on getting it to run. It really needed some TLC as I don't think they took very good care of it. Got it to run and installed a Stealth 3500 winch and KFI plow system. I need this ATV for plowing in the winter and logging in the summer. I will keep the plastic off because it just gets in the way. When it warms up I will finish working on it but for now it is plowing like a champ.

GirlsRideToo

·
Registered
682 Posts
Bump........

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Holee Mohlee @fishfiles is there a build thread on your entry? Like to see more pix of that beast!

Three great entries!

That rescued D model makes me smile “we don’t need no steenken fenners!”
@GirlsRideToo hey what’s up with the front of your seat? It doesn’t look like it’s engaging the front tab. That’s a real clean unit i jnow you put a lotta work into it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Holee Mohlee @fishfiles is there a build thread on your entry? Like to see more pix of that beast!

Three great entries!

@GirlsRideToo hey what’s up with the front of your seat? It doesn’t look like it’s engaging the front tab. That’s a real clean unit i jnow you put a lotta work into it.
Yes, the seat is a problem and is a known issue on these bike. It seems that with time the plastic bows down which kicks the front of the seat up and the cover shrinks which makes things worse. I tried everything, including standing on the underside of the seat to flatten it back down. Nothing works. It is hooked on the brackets.

Since the seat and cover are original I'll keep it this way. I think of him as a senior citizen with minor wrinkles. :)

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
My trx350 does that too. the seat pan appears to be a touch warped i thought it was because the PO strapped it down across the seat. The seat cover is super tight so maybe that’s why.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Bumped ..... Just a short time left!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Three great entries!

Yes, the seat is a problem and is a known issue on these bike. It seems that with time the plastic bows down which kicks the front of the seat up and the cover shrinks which makes things worse. I tried everything, including standing on the underside of the seat to flatten it back down. Nothing works. It is hooked on the brackets.

Since the seat and cover are original I'll keep it this way. I think of him as a senior citizen with minor wrinkles. :)
If you look carefully you may find out that the two plastic tabs under the seat are resting on top of the slots on the frame instead of under then slots. This has been a common problem on all three Hondas I've owned. I hold the back of the seat up with one hand while pushing down in the middle of the seat with the other hand until it bends in the middle just enough to allow those same plastic tabs to slip under the frame slots. The frame slots can get bent down from the seat being on top which just aggravates the problem until you bend them back up a little. You can see wear marks on the wrong side the the plastic tabs if it's been installed correctly. I actually broke of one the seat tabs due to incorrect installation. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you look carefully you may find out that the two plastic tabs under the seat are resting on top of the slots on the frame instead of under then slots. This has been a common problem on all three Hondas I've owned. I hold the back of the seat up with one hand while pushing down in the middle of the seat with the other hand until it bends in the middle just enough to allow those same plastic tabs to slip under the frame slots. The frame slots can get bent down from the seat being on top which just aggravates the problem until you bend them back up a little. You can see wear marks on the wrong side the the plastic tabs if it's been installed correctly. I actually broke of one the seat tabs due to incorrect installation. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I promised that the plastic tabs are underneath the metal tabs, as they should be.
While I had the plastics off, carb and airbox out, etc. I checked/measured the frame and metal slots and found no reason for this problem.
If I was the only person having this problem then I would think I was doing something wrong. LOL. It's a very strange problem.
If I were to remove the seat cover and managed to bend the plastic seat back down the cover would be at least 2 inches too short. I have to believe the cover has shrunk over the years and causing/adding to the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
GirlsRideToo
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing