Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right crankcase cover has a crack in it near the bolt hole. No wonder it won't seal up. Is there any way to repair this? 1986 trx200sx

Wonder if I can take the bolt out and put JB weld on the outside of the cover to span the crack and seal it up good enough?

·
Registered
599 Posts
JB weld won't work well enough, but it is a fairly simple matter to take the cover to any weld shop and have them weld the crack closed, then file over it so it doesn't look so bad (if you care about how it looks).

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a 200sx motor in my garage that I am going to be parting out soon.... I think it has a right side cover but not positive.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Slightly off subject here but 200sx are very rarely seen in the UK, I've seen one advertised for sale and it wasn't in the best of shape either.
When were they produced and how long for?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The crack on mine is, unfortunately, concentric around teh bolt hole. IN other words, if it broke, it would brake the hole off, but it should not be a catastrophic leak.

I'll try to replace it. I don't know if a shop can weld that back or not due to it's location. I see a spot in the cover where someone already welded something near the bottom. Man, this thing was ridden hard. Fortunately, I see no damage inside the motor.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
the 200sx is rare around here too , I have had 2 and only seen 2 more in ads for sale over the years , it is small but a very fun bike to ride , fast and maneuverable , very reliable , I re-jugged one because it was smoking when I got it , but that was about it as far as engine problems , I sold one and put the best engine of the other in a mini buggy project that is still unfinished --------- finding parts for them can be a problem , I have a good bit of good parts for the bike that I will sell cheap to some one that can pick them up personally , don't want to ship , got the whole front and read ends , recovered seat and interior lined fuel tank , etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts