Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure I understand the reason behind having longer a-arms. It seems that it would be a benefit on the circle track but does it have advantages for utility riding? (trail, round the yard , little street). Would the benifits outweigh the disadvantages. If I wanted to lengthen a set on a 98 300ex, I could switch to the 400ex? How much longer are they?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Widening the fourwheeler is pretty much only good for cornering at higher speeds but i did have a 250x that was widened and it is nice to have because it didn't affect how much but when i wanted to play around it was nice to have. another way u could look into for widening could be getting a higher offset front rims and rear and then putting some axle spacers in the rear. if it isn't a trouble to widen ur quad, i think its alot nicer than having stock width

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wider it is the faster you can take a curve with out flipping. Right ? Does it change the handling for trails? Sharpen the steering or make it more responsive? I too, like the look of the wider stance, kinda reminds me of bulldog sitting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the wider u go the better it is for not flipping in corners. i actually liked having it wider for trails because my quad was the slowest but mine was low and wide so it could keep up with the bigger quads that sat up higher with the stock stance. And when u replace the a-arms, there isnt much at all a change in response and everything stays the same. Also, it depends on how wide u go, but sometimes the stock front brake cables aren't long enough so those might have to be replaced but if u buy an A-arm kit, they usually come with them

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on doing alot of creek riding. We have about a 5 mile stretch of creek right down the rd that everyone runs. If I change the arms it will be to the 400. I dont want to sink a ton in this quad.using the 400 arms Will it extend out 1 inch or 1 on both sides so 2 all together?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Mine is 4" wider. I can fly through turns...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts