Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 40 Posts

Premium Member
I use two lengths of clear hose to drain brake fluid into a beer bottle. Put an bend in them to keep air from getting into the nipple and to judge the color of the fluid as it comes out. I use a piece of Velcro strap to keep pressure on the lever. At some point you will want to remove the sludge from the reservoir. I use a clean shop rag and a clean flux (acid) brush. Throw away everything when you're done.

I bleed the short line length first then longest length, so right brake line then left brake

If I'm mistaken someone please lmk

Premium Member
Hey Cajun man yes. I always use a 22oz beer bottle cuz that's what my beer comes in lols. I drain my reservoir down by squeezing just to the point where the reservoir bottom has fluid in it. Minimizes air. I wipe out the sludge and clean the sight glass. Top it with clean fluid. Since I buy a 16oz bottle of brake fluid I'm pretty generous with flushing. I use a hose on the bleeder nut because I don't want to squirt fluid onto anything.

^^^like Shade says and make sure you put your drums back on first

Premium Member
I have never replaced one maybe others have. I would be thankful for a thread on that task. Otherwise I wouldn't do it brake master cylinders for my 86 are very hard to find

You see mine is stained on the bottom makes it look low when actually it's full

Attachments

1 - 7 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.