Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon everyone. I would like to share my ability to machine or engrave basically anything you can think of. If you are looking for something to set your ride apart from anyone elses I'm your guy, I've been a machinist for over 10 years and during that time I've built my own shop in the process. I enjoy my hobby and am always looking to create that creative piece for someone. Since this is my hobby i don't look to break anyones wallet or even retire doing this. With your idea in mind i can work with you one on one to put your dreams into reality. Once i design your idea i will send you a picture of the Cad drawing for you to verify or make changes before i even touch metal. Below is just a sample of some of my work. Enjoy, My Name is Mike and you can contact me through email or pm

Attachments

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have a flashlight called a nebo redline. It is a great light but has a major pitfall. The stupid red plasti ring on the front. It has broken four times in the past year. Winter is coming soon and I will be carrying it every day then. Do you think if I sent you an unbroken pice you could make it in metal at a reasonable price? I can get a pic if it you'd like to see one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the positive responses, Superj i havent done a master cylinder cover yet however lucky for you i own a 2003 400ex lol give me a week and let me machine something up for mine and i'll post a picture for you. As for you Tennessee, i'll be more than happy to take a look at what you have. Before you send it to me send me a picture along with measurements if you can so i have an idea with what i'm working with and i'll probally be able to offer you a price before you even send me the part.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
If you ain't first your last
Ricky bobby

I love the quote for dirt oval "turn left". " if you ain't sideways you ain't racing"

" racing because football and soccer only require one ball. "

Maybe "holeshot" with the "o" a tire and it spinning With the dirt flying off

When in doubt throttle out

Eating Suzuki's shitting yamahas

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SuperJJ good news i've been workin in the shop the past couple days and have been able to machine up a master cylinder cover from a scrap piece of aluminum. The fitment was great and machining the part wasn't all that bad. Today my luck changed as i tried to engrave the cover, i burnt the circuit on my main power supply for my cnc software. So i'm going to be down for a week till the new electronics get delivered. Also being delivered is aluminum 6061-t6 plate for covers. I hope to be back up and running very shortly and if you would like i can post a picture of the scrap cover that i've machined prior to the electronic meltdown.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Man you've got some machinary there it looks better than a oem one have you thought about makeing truck levaling kits I'm sure there's some $ in it it's just a block you put under the struts in the front to make the truck sit level

·
Registered
256 Posts
very nice work bud cant wait to see more i,m subbed to this thread lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys, hopefully by the end of next week my shop will be back up and running so then I can share more pictures of that cover, as for that leveling kit I'll have to look into in and see. Anymore quad ideas? If you guys want I can post more random parts I've machined in the past

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Very nice work! On a side note look at the shift pattern on that shift knob... good god, lol.

The master cover looks great. Have you ever made stator covers for dirt bike/atv engines? If so or your up for a challenge, I may be interested in having one made for my yz 125 with engraving... Maybe if I shoot a picture over with measurements you could decided if your interested and a rough quote on price?

I've always wanted to get into machining and lathe work but its way over my head at the moment. What ya do takes some serious skill.

Of course once I'm up and going shortly with powder coating, I'd be glad to help with anything you would need in that area should the time come....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never actually got into making knives just cause of the simple fact that if i wanted them to be usable in any way i'd need some stronger harder material and that means i'd need even stronger cutters.The cost isn't worth the reward for me on that. Those leveling blocks definelty make a difference haha. How much do they normally cost? As for that shift knob i was bored one day and drew that up along with the knob itself. Looking at the bright side i don't have to worry about anyone stealing my jeep haha. I'm interested Dan in seeing some pictures and dimensions if you can send them my way. Only thing i see hard about that project is competeing against a factory's price considering they pump them out many at a time. Why a new cover? Do they normally crack or are brittle? I can always machine a custom thicker cover with some crazy engraving, and i'll keep you in mind about the powder coating also. Thank you all

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those are nice superjj but I can't compete with that price. Its a simple machine job but the aluminum alone. Would cost a decent penny. I'd probably break even if I was to purchase the aluminum in a large sum

1 - 20 of 105 Posts