Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fresh back from Louisiana, my wife and I went to Angola, to the prison. There we attended the Prison Rodeo. It was fantastic although not quite like any other rodeo you may have attended. For this post I will report on ATVs. The guards ( and some trustees) ride the 18000 acres of the Maximum security prison on ATVs. I took keen notice of the tires. These were all heavy tread, much like paddles but not quite. One reason must be the mud. Ill bet it is formidable. They are well prepared with good rubber for sure. Unfortunately I saw many (75?) Kawasaki's and but a few older Honda's.

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
james ' , I have been to the Angola Rodeo several times , and to say it is not your regular rodeo is an under statement , my favorite event is where they tape a coin to the bulls head and the inmates try to get it off for a ( use to be ) $100 credit at the commissary , the arts and crafts made by the inmates are nice , lots of leather and wood work --------- the fishing inside Angola is fantastic , I caught a 8 lb bass , I have had the privilege of fishing with a friend in the ponds , on the way to the prison is a walking trail , takes about 20 minutes to get to the falls , water falls are pretty rare in Louisiana , I think the number is 7 total for the state ------ I don't remember atv's but in was in the early 80's when I went , I need to go again

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
the prisoners crafts sales travel to a bunch of festivals , I see them at the Alligator in Lulling , they just bring a few things like leather and wood things , didn't see any BBQue pits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.