Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,562 Posts
I only had 1 key OEM when I got my Foreman. I called the Honda dealer. All 3 dealers around me will not cut keys as the machine does not cut well any more. I guess it is a manual machine and they wear out and costs too much to fix or repair.
I have 2 extra keys coming and have to go to a locksmith to get them cut.

Now. My Honda dealer that I ordered the keys from asked if they are left or right keys. He told me the side on which the cut is on the key. Anyone heard of this? Hold key upright and which side the cut is on the key. Which side has more key face side on it when looking at it. Anyways. I shall see on Monday.
i know what your saying on left or right key, yes, honda has two versions of keys. most dealerships wont cut keys, they dont want liability issues with owners having atvs stolen. unless they know you very well ?, they wont cut keys. but they will sell you the whole ignition, which is odd to say the least !..lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
he told me it was a good idea to write those numbers stamped in the key under the rubber cap , and said if you ever loose the kep i could contact honda and get a perfect match , has any of you ever been told about that ? I wrote mine down .

·
Super Moderator
37,562 Posts
he told me it was a good idea to write those numbers stamped in the key under the rubber cap , and said if you ever loose the kep i could contact honda and get a perfect match , has any of you ever been told about that ? I wrote mine down .
again, MOST honda dealerships WILL NOT cut you keys !. they have no way to verify that the atv is yours ?, same thing goes for a car or truck these days, you must take the car/truck/atv to the dealership, prove it is yours , then they might cut you a key if they have a machine to cut keys ?, and thats a big gamble today !. too many atvs are stolen every min of the day. codes or no codes, calling it in wont help you much, but good luck !.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts