Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today the one of my rear fender bolts was missing, is it covered under the warranty? I looked up the bolt and flange nut on the honda parts site, $2.15 for the parts but they want $11.65 shipping! That's just ridiculous, $1.73 to ship first class in a padded envelope!

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
go to local hardware store and get a replacement one there, if NOT sure what size, take the one out of other side and match it up.
WAY cheaper than buying online and paying shipping
UNLESS you have a LONG drive to store, and then the gas your wasting is about the same
SO will be to dealer if its a LONG drive
DOn't know what yr your atv is, so cannot say if its under warranty or not
YOU can try calling your dealer and asking, never hurts,
Maybe, they will mail you a bolt for free, as its a small item?? odds are they have a wide assortment of bolts on hand, and sure there buying for less than you can!
SO??
there your options I say!
Bolts vibrate loose, it happens
add some loctite when you install the new one, and check others from time to time, part of PM's on an ATV

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2014 rancher 420, only a few months old. I'm not too far from the dealership so I will check with them first. Thanks mrbb. If the dealer doesn't have it I will check with a hardware store.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go to harbor freight (let the hate ensue) buy the nut and bolt pack for like 5 bucks or something and they have one in that pack that works perfect for the fenders and comes with about 10 of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
bandoleroracer64
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing