Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I was looking to make some modifications to my ATV and car....I wanted to try a couple things out but to do that i will need to cut some steel and weld some back together.....so i will need some help finding a good welding machine hopefully i can get one with a cutting torch and a welder all in 1 but i am trying to get one at a good price does anyone know where some good but reasonable priced welding machines are?????? Can't wait to get started wait till you see what i have in mind.....

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
harbor freight will have a lot of things at fair prices, but just be ware, many times you get what you pay for
just cause one guy got a good one, doesn't mean to me they all are, when it comes to of brand names, quality control on cheap maned things seems to suffer more than on brand names in my opinion!

Buying a welder is more like an investment
BUY a good one the first time, learn HOW to use it right, and it will last you yrs and yrs and pay for itself many times over if you like to fix things
same with a torch, but a seperate one
most things that claim they can do it all , means it doesn't do it all great LOL
does most things OK, but doesn't excell at any of them! just gets you buy
buying tools to me has always been I rather save a little more, ( and many times that might mean buying a brand name over an off name, as down the road, a brand name is more likely going to be there for parts over an off brand name)or spend a little more and get one that can do MORE than what I want, rather than just enough to do what I am NOW thinking about, because as time goes by and your skill level goes up, you tend to take on bigger projects
and buying two welders or ?? can be more costly than just buyng one big enough the first time

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
now do you have any experience welding if so you may pick it up very easy...but I have been mig welding for over 8 years now and last year I got a tig welder and I am still practising I find it very hard but am slowly getting there so if you have no experience you may want to start on a mig first!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys, thanks all for your feedback. i looked into harbor and everlast like you guys had mentioned and another company Longevity came up as well. I looked it their company and their forum and they seem to be very reliable welders. I did a little comparison and Longevity offered me the best price and best warranty all over. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and gave them a shot.

@jakep53: yes i do have experience with welding, i took classes for a few years on MIG welding and now i'm ready to buy a TIG welder of my own and learn how to TIG weld.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts