Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am looking for a few add on items for my new rancher, and would appreciate your input.

#1: 26x10x11 & 26x8x12 general use tires. I wish to use the original rims for the time being.

A tire similar to the Kenda Executioner, or the Maxis Bighorn. Something that will last long on gravel roads & hard pack, and still go through mud. The stock maxxis 978 tires are awful.

#2: Side armor? I don't care for the black plastic foot wells on the 09 rancher. They scratch and gouge far too easily by branches and what ever else is in your path.

#3: A decent rear rack tool box? That can haul a come along, chain & rope, tools, a tire repair kit, a manual air pump, and an axe.

Suggestions for a front storage box is also welcome?

I would also like to know the size & weight of trailer load you can haul with the 09 rancher? I know it's rated at 850 lbs. However that is lower than my 20 year old kawasaki 220cc atv towing capacity.

I am used to making my own trailer hitches with much higher grade steel. However that oem rancher trailer hitch ball mount looks awfully flimsy to me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
As far as tires go, youll have some trouble finding 26 inch tires that can fit on stock rims. I just ordered some 25 inch kenda bearclaws last night. Theyre plenty aggressive for mud and decent on gravel. My cuzz has a set on his polaris. The executioners are a very aggressive tire thatll make your ride bumpy and are strictly for the soft stuff, except for special occasions. I got my bearclaws for $253.96 from motorcyclesuperstore.com

And I know what you mean about the footwells. I hate that i cant step anywhere but on the pegs, it seems like they should put some metal tubeing underneath.

You could easily make a toolbox out of plywood and secure it to the rack also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 25" Terra Cross radials on ITP wheels. The tires are a little heavy, but the ride, traction and wear are great.
As far as a rear box, I have found that I prefer a soft bag. With a soft sided bag you can cram alot more stuff in them vs. a hard sided bag. We use bags from American Trails. You can check them out at ATV Accessories, UTV Accessories, warn winch, cargo box - Montana Jack's
I also do not like the footwells on the ranchers. I stand alot when riding and get home and my feet are killing me. Have considered taking off the sharpe pegs and finding just a flat iron to put on them. Also the black plastic is very hard to keep clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts