Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
It would be illegal to sell an older model machine as a newer machine. You can’t make 500,000 machines in 1989 and sell 100,000 a year over the next 5 years assigning them new VIN codes every year, it doesn’t work like that. Any machine sold as a 90-93 you can be sure rolled off an assembly line within a year before the model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
Yes manufacture dates well beyond 89. Right up to 1993

I would love to call honda one day, and ask them, '' how the hell can you sell a product in another country .. and yet the manufacture stopped making them 4 years earlier ? '' . any honda dealership you go to, and ask for parts for a 1993 trx350 fourtrax will look at you like you fell off the turnip truck !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
It would be illegal to sell an older model machine as a newer machine. You can’t make 500,000 machines in 1989 and sell 100,000 a year over the next 5 years assigning them new VIN codes every year, it doesn’t work like that. Any machine sold as a 90-93 you can be sure rolled off an assembly line within a year before the model year.

ok..then how come Honda's books in their service parts department can't locate any parts for any trx350 past 1989 ?..even in Canada !!.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Of course they will, in the US. Keep in mind the 350 was not built in the US, it was built in Japan. So Honda USA may have very limited knowledge of them, but if you call Honda Canada (or any dealer for that matter) they might tell you more about the newer 350’s. I don’t know why they stopped selling them in the US after 89, I’m guessing to push sales of the 300’s, but why they kept them going outside of the US I have no idea. Maybe that would be a good question to ask Honda. The problem is likely going to be that you won’t find anyone working there old enough to remember anything about them lol

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

ok..then how come Honda's books in their service parts department can't locate any parts for any trx350 past 1989 ?..even in Canada !!.

Sure they can. If you want to look up parts for 90-93 350’s use the cmsnl site. They list ALL models from all countries.

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts

Sure they can. If you want to look up parts for 90-93 350’s use the cmsnl site. They list ALL models from all countries.

thats odd ?, i've seen members join here from Canada, go to a dealer there, and they tell them no such atv/part in the past ?. soooooo..either that dealer is stupid ?, or..their books dont go back that far ?. I have spoke to my honda mech ( i've known him for many , MANY MOONS until he retired ..sigh )..and he told me honda stopped selling them in 1989 period..of course..in usa mind you :).

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I’ve never had problems at the dealer but it could just be that the older parts guys already know to look for 89 parts, I’ve never quizzed them on it. But it is correct that there was no changes after 89. There was also never a 350 Foreman up here either so if you ask for parts for a 350 foreman you’d get a funny look too.

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
I’ve never had problems at the dealer but it could just be that the older parts guys already know to look for 89 parts, I’ve never quizzed them on it. But it is correct that there was no changes after 89. There was also never a 350 Foreman up here either so if you ask for parts for a 350 foreman you’d get a funny look too.

yeah, its a shame too, it wont be long before parts for any of them..just like the trx300's !..will all be gone cept from ebay and salvage yards !..lol.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts

thats odd ?, i've seen members join here from Canada, go to a dealer there, and they tell them no such atv/part in the past ?. soooooo..either that dealer is stupid ?, or..their books dont go back that far ?. I have spoke to my honda mech ( i've known him for many , MANY MOONS until he retired ..sigh )..and he told me honda stopped selling them in 1989 period..of course..in usa mind you :).
I have been to the Honda dealers in BC & Alberta, no problem looking up parts for my 92 350D's, tried to offer them that "look up 89 advice", got the funny look and the "why not just look up the 92" This has been an interesting topic and it would be nice to hear the definitive answer from Honda Japan. I am liking mac102004's take on this.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Just had a browse on a few aftermarket spares websites and all show parts fitment up to 92, a few say 93. Maybe they were sold in the early months of 93 here in the UK and that was the cut off point, I don't know!
I do know that you guys got lucky and had fender colour options, we only ever seem to have red or green available to us, we definitely never had blue 350's!

On the subject of fender colour, I've only ever seen one 300 fourtrax in blue over here, several ex military in green and beige/sand and the rest, all red!

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts

I have been to the Honda dealers in BC & Alberta, no problem looking up parts for my 92 350D's, tried to offer them that "look up 89 advice", got the funny look and the "why not just look up the 92" This has been an interesting topic and it would be nice to hear the definitive answer from Honda Japan. I am liking mac102004's take on this.
and your 1 out of 100 that had no problem. no where in Honda's history will they say and back up they made a 1993 TRX350D foreman or fourtrax from their factory's from japan.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
In Canada they had the 350's up until 1993. There are parts schematics available for a 1993 350 Fourtrax here.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-trx350-fourtrax-1993-p-canada-sul_model5287/partslist/#.XS81REd7laQ

Here in the states they did not sell them after 1989, so if you pull up US schematics you will see nothing after 1989. It doesn't mean they weren't made after 1989, it means they weren't sold in the US after 1989.

Land Rover stopped selling the Defender 90 in the US in 1997. That doesn't mean they no longer made the Defender 90, it means they stopped selling them in the US. They were still produced and sold in the rest of the world so one can go buy a 1999 Defender 90 abroad, but there were no 1999 Defenders sold in the US.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
In Canada they had the 350's up until 1993. There are parts schematics available for a 1993 350 Fourtrax here.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-trx350-fourtrax-1993-p-canada-sul_model5287/partslist/#.XS81REd7laQ

Here in the states they did not sell them after 1989, so if you pull up US schematics you will see nothing after 1989. It doesn't mean they weren't made after 1989, it means they weren't sold in the US after 1989.

Land Rover stopped selling the Defender 90 in the US in 1997. That doesn't mean they no longer made the Defender 90, it means they stopped selling them in the US. They were still produced and sold in the rest of the world so one can go buy a 1999 Defender 90 abroad, but there were no 1999 Defenders sold in the US.
Yeah good example I think

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
@SamUK Do you by any chance have a front rack for a 350d? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks
Unfortunately not, only had one parts bike which was already scavenged for parts by the previous owner. My dad sold that a few months back, it didn't have racks though.
Is there anything in eBay? I've found Facebook marketplace quite useful at times too, might be worth a look.

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
and your 1 out of 100 that had no problem. no where in Honda's history will they say and back up they made a 1993 TRX350D foreman or fourtrax from their factory's from japan.
The VIN would indicate country of manufacture, Pip what’s the first 5 of your quad? JH3TE?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts