Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, meant to say disc brakes but don’t know how to change the title, damn autocorrect!

Hello,

I am tired of messing around with finicky drum brakes and want to convert my quad to disc brakes. I don’t mind spending a bit of money on them but my main problem is that I can’t find any! If you know anywhere I could possibly find some please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
hate to break it to ya ?, but..you wont find any front disk brake kits for that model...EVER !!. the knuckles are no where near the same design as trx300's and up. if you do find a kit that fits them ?..well..you better rush out and buy a lottery ticket !!!!!!!!!!!!!. oh, and it will require 12 inch rims to fit disk brakes..because you will need 12 inch rims to clear the brake calibers. still, you wont find anything out there that will work..not that I know of anyway ???..if there was or is ?, I would have converted my front brakes on my '89 years ago !!!..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
just need longer calliper mounting bolts and a few washers. or maybe make your own mounting plates.
I dont think the plate mounting bolt holes line up with the bolt holes in the knuckles do they ?. last time I looked at my '89, the knuckles brakes backing plate were not the same as later models ?, then again..i've slept sense then !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Stole these pics from a Facebook post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
washers ?..lol. brake pads are not straight on the caliper resting against the rotor !, I dont trust that set-up lasting long.

·
Premium Member
12,330 Posts
It looks like the mounting plates I made for the 2wd 300 disc conversion is what is needed , straight with no offset ----looks like it would line close

Attachments

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Yeah a hybrid of the two by the looks of it, straight bracket like the 2wd but with the mounting holes of the 4wd. I don’t think it would take much effort to make some straight brackets if you wanted get away from using washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts