Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with my bike not shifting into reverse a month ago. I checked the trouble codes and kept getting an Angle Sensor trouble code. I didn't have the time or funds to get the bike to the shop, so I just waited a while. Today, I did some searching on reverse problems and noticed somewhere that some others had this problem and it was the Reverse Sensor Wire that was disconnected. Sure enough, that was my problem too. A quick crawl under the bike and it was back in perfect order.

I checked the codes and the angle sensor code no longer comes up. I thought I would give you guys a heads up on this. I'm sure if I had gone to the Honda shop, they would have found the problem, fixed it and charged me for an angle sensor replacement instead of telling me what it really was and charging me a minimum shop service fee.

Double check everything before you blow the money on a repair. I would have gotten taken for $140 if I hadn't done more homework.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, because the wire was off the reverse sensor and it couldn't tell when the ATV was in reverse, the PCM thought the angle sensor was reading out of range. Glad you found it before you were out $140 at the shop for a repair that you didn't need.

I tend to agree with you. I doubt that they would have told you that the problem was just a loose wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts