Honda ATV Forum banner

longer and wider

4K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Billy250X 
#1 ·
ok so my 300ex is horrible around corners the wheelbase is to short and not wide enough either my buddyr 450r goes around the corner with no problems it also doesnt bounce around alot but i cant corner at all hardley without it wanting to flip so what can i do to make it wider and longer for as cheap as possible and without changing shocks

#2 ·
Wider axle or wheel spacers would help.

#4 ·
Wider axle.350x swingarm makes it 1 3/4 longer.

#5 ·
right now im running stock 22in tires at about 8psi but im going to drop down to a set of 20in is a 450r swingarm longer than a stock 300ex? and where is a good place to get a wider axle also are the bearings in a 300ex interchangable with other models i have durablue bearings in it and there relatively new

#6 ·
Start cheap and simple. Put a set of 21" up front and 20" in back, Maxxis Razr2's and run about 4-5 PSI. That will make a HUGE difference in handling.

#8 ·
I don't think that will work on the 300EX.

#9 ·
It will for the fronts.But you will need a shorter valvestem.For the 450 swingarm yes they are longer but it takes alot to change them.Just get a ATC 350x swingarm they are a inch and 3/4 longer.

#10 ·
You don't have any handling due to the 2 big balloons on the back put a set of 20 x11- 9 on the real and that will cure most of your issue. the wheelbase length is fine the width can be easily cured with with wheel spacers.

#12 ·
thanks everyone im looking into getting some tires now along with longer a arms up front and wheel spacers in the back eventually i am going to put a longer swing arm on it tho so it can make it up the hills around here a little easier

#15 ·
ok ive decided to skip the a arms for know cuz i cant a ford them and go with the wheel spacers but from what i have been told by a few people is that it would make it harder to turn like it would push and cause the handlebars to be ripped out of my hands if i hit a hard dip is this true or are they idiots

#16 ·
Yes, they will cause the quad to push, but not like they say. I really recommend you replace all 4 tires with some good ones. You will be amazed at how bad the stock tires are. The fronts push like there is no tomorrow and the rears don't allow for sliding.

TRY NEW TIRES BEFORE YOU ADD SPACERS.

#18 ·
ok ill start with tires then any suggestions for the rears ill be riding in the woods and a dirt track

#19 ·
Maxxis Razr!
I have only owned the Irazr and orginal Razr but Red racer swears by the Razr2. I really like the Maxxis products. Hold up better than other products, and they have a more predictable way of handling. Not as much side bite as say ITP Holeshots.

#20 ·
I really like the Razr2 up front better than any other tire. The Razr2 rear is by far the nasty biting tire I ahve ever used. Slides perfect and hooks up exactly when you want them to. The regular razr is great too but I cannot take turns quite as fast as I can with razr2's.

#21 ·
The new G-Force axel is supposed to be good, and its extendable. As for the front, just look on ebay or craigslist to see if you can find some used wider front a-arms, you could find a good pair for cheap. Other than those you could front spacers or a-arm conversion kits on ebay so you can run 400ex or 450r( i think) a-arms. Your gonna want a better set of shock too, like 450r honda or 05' and newer z400 fronts are good choice.

#22 ·
ok ive got a set of tires on the way now on to the wheel spacers i can only afford to get 1 set at this time so should i get a set for the front or rear?

#23 ·
Rear.it will give it better turning stability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.