Honda ATV Forum banner

Locking gas cap?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  AlbinoRhino 
#1 ·
I know there is no OEM part but has anyone had any success in finding an aftermarket locking gas cap for a TRX500

#4 ·
lmao@fishfiles , i will say..he's right !!..lol. no..there is no oem, or even after market locking gas caps that i know of that fit on a trx500.

#5 ·
No ex, or hater problems, more like a lack of accountability or anything to do problem.

Live in the artic right now (Nunavik) and filling Honda gas tanks with rocks is the number 1 fun activity...number 2 is stealing skidoo windshields.

Kids that have absolutely nothing to do and are out at 4am still are the usual culprits but drunks stumbling around at all hours of the eternal night (or eternal day) are also culprits. So far this month alone 38 Hondas have been hit. At least the BRP machines can be saved from this.

Garages don't exist up here, neither really do sheds, due to the permanent frost things have to be off the ground...like all houses are on stilts..actually impressively so is the three story school. Materials are not easy to get either seeing as it's all fly in or twice a year via freighter. Also sea canisters are not nearly as easy to come by up here, in fact NEAS basically charges as much as the new ATV costs for the canisters as they usually do back hauls from every community they stop in and have 14 in Nunavik and 20 or so in Nunavut to stop at.

Bad dogs, well dogs are just a tool here, had one of my dogs that came up with me rat poisoned because he barked at people when they were walking past the house and have actually chased down 2 locals that came up my steps to beat my shepherd for barking at them when they walked by (they didn't have any clue I was in the sea canister by the warehouse assembling ATV's. )

Hell I had a collection of locking gas caps for Can Am that I bought as I originally purchased a can am defender came up with wood acorns and chewed up wiring in the engine compartment....so I refunded it and took the honda (no trees for about 1200km) but the gas caps were so sought after I had all of them sold in 25 minutes :(

Right now I am fine, have it in one of the sea canisters for work, October they will all be back hauled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.