Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the stuff I see in the AZ deserts when I'm out riding. I'm sure you all come across some cool stuff too. Here are a few common sights on the trails in AZ during warm season...

· Registered
194 Posts
Hi Creed, I'm an Arizonan through and through. Life is good, better in the Sonoran Desert! I have a pic of a nasty faced rattler but I cant resize it to load. This guy didn't miss 5 feet by much, he was HUGE and about as big as my arm. Where i found him only a dedicated hiker or a quad rider would go, hence he was able to grow up with out getting run over in traffic. Having this sob craw into a tent at night would make anyone rethink the joys of tenting out side. Cabellas sells a raised tent ( on legs) . This is looking better and better. You ever see a Gila Monster in your travels?

· Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Creed, I'm an Arizonan through and through. Life is good, better in the Sonoran Desert! I have a pic of a nasty faced rattler but I cant resize it to load. This guy didn't miss 5 feet by much, he was HUGE and about as big as my arm. Where i found him only a dedicated hiker or a quad rider would go, hence he was able to grow up with out getting run over in traffic. Having this sob craw into a tent at night would make anyone rethink the joys of tenting out side. Cabellas sells a raised tent ( on legs) . This is looking better and better. You ever see a Gila Monster in your travels?
Howdy James! No, I have yet to see a rattler on my quad rides in the Sonoran. My buddy in Tucson has seen tortoises, gila monsters, and rattlers on his rides. I have not. The last ride we did down in the Santa Ritas south of Tucson we saw more coues deer than I could count. Up here at these elevations I see snakes, lizards, coyotes, antelope, deer and elk. I'd love to see the picture of that rattler.

· Registered
194 Posts
hi Creed

I'd love to see the picture of that rattler.[/QUOTE]

Creed, I will get some software to resize pics. i lost it when i moved to win 10 from XL. Gila monsters are RARE! It is a treat to see one. Hard to see as well are geckos and horney toads. Tarantulas are fun to see too. This is an amazing place. Cheers and Hello. Jim

· Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to see the picture of that rattler.
Creed, I will get some software to resize pics. i lost it when i moved to win 10 from XL. Gila monsters are RARE! It is a treat to see one. Hard to see as well are geckos and horney toads. Tarantulas are fun to see too. This is an amazing place. Cheers and Hello. Jim[/QUOTE]

You reminded me...I do see horney toads ("horned lizards" as some call them) up here a lot. I would LOVE to see a Gila Monster some day. How many have you seen?

And yes, we also have tarantulas up here, especially during rainy days in the summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.