Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I have been through just about every limp mode thread I can find but nothing has really helped so far. So, I would like to start with a little history on the bike - This is a 2005 Rincon 650. I bought it new back in 2004 and only used it for hunting. After all of these years, it only has 144 hours on the motor ( I think) At any rate, I had to move into an apartment back in 2008 and the bike was moved into a barn - for about a decade. It sat there uncovered for 10 years. Luckily it was out of fuel when it was parked. I finally was able to go get this thing back in October and, to my surprise, I put a new battery on it and everything came on. I was shocked that the wires weren't gnawed off it by rats. I took the fuel tank off and boiled it out and replaced the fuel sending unit, petcock, fuel line, carburetor, all filters and fluids, plug wire, and spark plug. I got it running but it is now stuck in limp mode - of course - and I cant for the life of me get it to come out. Im not getting any codes what so ever so I don't really know where to start. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a friend who took a bike in limp mode once and got it on a asphalt road with a pretty good hill - got the bike up to about 50 MPH and his runs like a banshee now. I wonder if something like that would help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brand new carb - but yeah that could be the issue as well - Im taking it to Honda next week. The service guy there said that it very well could be the after market carb that I put in there. He also said that they have never seen a four wheeler go into "limp mode". They see it a lot in side by sides but never a four wheeler like Im describing. This makes me feel a little better about it. I just have to get the original carb back from the guy that I gave it to now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
brand new carb - but yeah that could be the issue as well - Im taking it to Honda next week. The service guy there said that it very well could be the after market carb that I put in there. He also said that they have never seen a four wheeler go into "limp mode". They see it a lot in side by sides but never a four wheeler like Im describing. This makes me feel a little better about it. I just have to get the original carb back from the guy that I gave it to now.
Normally the limp mode in Hondas just make them spit and spudder in reverse I'd still bet it a carb issue being that aftermarket carbs aren't something to bet a lot of cash on (atleast running wise)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally the limp mode in Hondas just make them spit and spudder in reverse I'd still bet it a carb issue being that aftermarket carbs aren't something to bet a lot of cash on (atleast running wise)
Yeah - I didnt give a whole lot for it - should have went with OEM parts -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts