Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a kind of odd question but i have 1994 300 Honda Fourtrax FWD, Quad and i am wanting to put 4WD toyota tacoma axles under it, any suggestions on how i can do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i kind of figured that there would be alot of welding and fab work but when im done with it which will be a while i will definitely post pictures

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You'll need a larger engine to turn the gearing.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Agree, you will fry the clutch/tranny trying to turn that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have seen this done, its very possible, but you will need to install a Rincon motor or larger bike motor to turn the wheels good. You will need to build a box frame to link the wide track wheels with the stock bike fram. some people just build all new frames around the engine as well, and then just sit the body parts over it.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Question: Why would you want to do this? Seems like it would be a whole lot of work trying to get it right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't do it
the Honda fourtrax 300 is built perffectly from the factory they go any where and u can abuse thee he'll out of them withoout the breakin
I'm a 17year old kid and I'm pretty abuseive on my quads but nomatter what I do to my fourtrax I can't kill it
liftin it would be totaly pointless

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
agree ^^^^^^^^ i'd wouldn't do it either...some thing's are better left alone..if it's not broken..don't mess with it..if it is broken..it needed replacing anyway !..lol

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Agree the fourtrax 300's r great the way they are
u can't distroy them nomatter how Much work u put them thru

+1 Use the Taco axles to make a dune buggy because thats pretty much what youre going to end up with in the end except you won't be destroying a perfectly good 300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts