Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys before I use my grinder to get rid of the center drive shaft that is in my way to take appart my left crank case cover so I can reach my generator

Ok its a 1986 foutrax 350 she's in a good shape but I'm piky so I wanna change my generator...I took off every single bolt that hold the trany, front and rear brakets that hold the center drive shatf but nothing is coming appart!

Thanks for you idea...to help a wannabe mechanic

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It's been a while since I tore one of those apart, but I'm thinking the front differential has to come out before you can pull the drive shaft out. Don't hold me to this, because it's been a long while. Maybe someone else can remember for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you it make sense...dohhh...sometimes we try to do things the short way but then we break thing...yeah it make sens take off the front diff!...ok I'll do this tomorrow!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New update I disassembled de front differential and now I'm stock with the front fork in place because I dont have the wright hex tool...is it 17mm 19mm I dont know I figured that you guys knew about it! So if anyone know I'll buy it asap!

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I wish I could help you, but it's been so long since I tore one apart I just can't remember. Maybe someone else can remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts