Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my headlights on my 2015 Rubicon to led pods which I have already ordered. My question is about the electrical draw. The factory bulbs are 35W (2.5amps) for each bottom and 55W (3.7amps) for the third headlight. I want to use (2) 42W to replace the lower headlights and (1) 50W but run it all on the harness for the lower headlights. I can use the one for the third headlight if I have to for the 50W. Would it be unsafe or cause problems to run 134W totally off the bottom headlights harness only using the factory headlight switch and existing harness for the bottom headlights? Can someone explain or tell me if they have done this. Input is great but I am looking for someone who understands the electrical side of it more in depth as to what can safely be accomplished.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
42w+42w+50w= 132w
132watts/12volts = 11.16 amps

You'll need to make sure you have 14 gauge wire to the light load and a 15amp fuse to carry the load...If the factory harness carries this??

Or

You could add a relay switched from the factory setup fed from the battery and an inline fuse to carry the load..

I don't know what size wire or fuse your bike has so that's all the help I can throw at you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I'll toss in, three fuses 10a 15a and a 30a (small spade type)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to convert my headlights on my 2015 Rubicon to led pods which I have already ordered. My question is about the electrical draw. The factory bulbs are 35W (2.5amps) for each bottom and 55W (3.7amps) for the third headlight. I want to use (2) 42W to replace the lower headlights and (1) 50W but run it all on the harness for the lower headlights. I can use the one for the third headlight if I have to for the 50W. Would it be unsafe or cause problems to run 134W totally off the bottom headlights harness only using the factory headlight switch and existing harness for the bottom headlights? Can someone explain or tell me if they have done this. Input is great but I am looking for someone who understands the electrical side of it more in depth as to what can safely be accomplished.
I’m trying to find LED replacemefor my rubicon too. I found the set for the smaller lights but haven’t been able to find the replacement Firth’s center lib=got on the handle bars. You’dr post implies that you did. If so, can you let me know where you got it or manufacturer and model number. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts