Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted up some details in the build section, but this is going to be a slow moving project. Figured I would collect bits a little at a time as time and money are available.

I have either an 88 or 89 300 4x4.

Will later plastics fit? These are beyond repair, and I really want to use the harvest beige plastics on it if they will fit.

I want disc brakes. I've put 420 brakes on a 300 before, but it required a lot of work, and used 420 brakes have gotten to be $$$, so thinking I might just use a conversion kit. SSATV kit for a 350 Rancher work? I know the only difference in a 350 knuckle and a 300 knuckle is the top ball joint, and since that shouldn't matter on a disc brake conversion, looks like it would work.

CV axles the same from 88-00? Left front is trashed beyond repair.

What were the major changes in the 300's? I know the bumpers changed over the years, and the rear ends changed from the early models as well. I'm putting a TRX250 rear end in this one so the rear end compatibility doesn't matter.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
rear ends are interchangeable from 88-2000.

fenders will swap from 1988-2000.

rear racks only fit 88-92. however, front racks are interchangeable from 88-00.

front bumper is interchangeable on 4x4 from 88-92.

Sorry I cant remember off hand if the axles are the same. I don't see how they wouldn't be, the knuckles are interchangeable form 88-00.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is good news, thanks.

Rear rack, front rack, and front bumper are all in good enough shape to use, so that's not a problem.

Am I correct that left and right side axles on 300's are the same length?

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
That is good news, thanks.

Rear rack, front rack, and front bumper are all in good enough shape to use, so that's not a problem.

Am I correct that left and right side axles on 300's are the same length?
I'm sure they have different part numbers Jeep and I'm pretty sure the right side is a little bigger, but they are interchangeable without any issues.

Reactions: Jeepwm69

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
I don't see how they could be different lengths. the a arms are the same length, and the knuckles are the same. so I don't see it, but its possible. most axles for sale list as both left and right.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I know @Manny doesn't really make sense does it. It was looked it up a month or so back and that was the result according to micro phish. Can't remember who, I'll look back through my threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts