Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2000 rancher 4x4 that after 10.mins temp light kick on and fan kicks on at the same time . Fresh oil new filter installed correctly oil cooler very clean and pretty sure my air fuel mix is good. So what's the problem? Bad sensor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Possible air pocket in your coolant system. Burp coolant system, use auto ramps to incline the front of quad. Incline will help pass air pocket through system, may need to add more coolant after air pocket clears

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suggest you read your Honda booklet, I.e. maintaining/servicing.
It does have a coolant system; either your coolant is low, or a leak in your coolant system or you have an air pocket in your coolant system

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
576 Posts
Do you have access to a temp gun? You could point one at the motor and check how hot it is to see if it's the temp sensor.
My buddies 2000 foreman had the temp light on all the time for years, it was just the sensor.

It's either that or the rad is low on coolant lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggest you read your Honda booklet, I.e. maintaining/servicing.
It does have a coolant system; either your coolant is low, or a leak in your coolant system or you have an air pocket in your coolant system
Well I suggest u go need to quit talking out of ur ass because I know for sure the ain't a drop of coolant that goes in this 4 wheeler genius. It's has a cooling system yes but it consist of a fan and an oil cooler. Thats it. So don't try to come at me like I'm some dumbass or something. Telling me to read a.damn book when u have no idea wtf ur talking about ok. So I suggest sir u keep ur comments to urself if u have no knowledge of something instead of just talking out of ur ass to make urself feel significant
Do you have access to a temp gun? You could point one at the motor and check how hot it is to see if it's the temp sensor.
My buddies 2000 foreman had the temp light on all the time for years, it was just the sensor.

It's either that or the rad is low on coolant lol.
There is no radiator or coolant and yes I have access to temp gun I figured it was the sensor cuz when the light come on I can pull the dipstick and oil is barely warm

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Download the service manual from the link in my signature block below. Section called oil cooling system has a diagnostics tree. I have an 86; designs are similar.
The temp sensor may be out of spec. Should be ~10.5 KOhms. If higher, the fan doesn’t come on early enough; if lower, fan comes on too soon.
If similar to mine, the sensor should read 1.05 To 0.95 KOhm at ~100C and fan should come on—but no light.
at overheating temp the oil light and fan should come on. Since yours skips a step I’m thinking sensor and fan controller. Your FCU may be integrated with CDI.
Ask the members at atvhonda.com—they’re very knowledgeable.
use the oem parts finder at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
576 Posts
Well I suggest u go need to quit talking out of ur ass because I know for sure the ain't a drop of coolant that goes in this 4 wheeler genius. It's has a cooling system yes but it consist of a fan and an oil cooler. Thats it. So don't try to come at me like I'm some dumbass or something. Telling me to read a.damn book when u have no idea wtf ur talking about ok. So I suggest sir u keep ur comments to urself if u have no knowledge of something instead of just talking out of ur ass to make urself feel significant

There is no radiator or coolant and yes I have access to temp gun I figured it was the sensor cuz when the light come on I can pull the dipstick and oil is barely warm
I should've been more clear, I know it's air cooled with an oil cooler and fan, I had the same atv years ago.
If the oil is not hot to the touch, I'd ignore the temp light and ride it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts