Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Thanks man i have two friends helping me out on this ordeal, and YES fans are a must! I've lost a few fluid lbs of weight today , but I'm fine :) I'm extending the size 12 inches (hidden walls) and 12 inch higher roof (again hidden sealing) ....... The rot was caused by rain water getting in frm the window other than that all the timbers look great! I'm hoping t find one f thos old school full flush thrones, no luck yet, I Reckon shade a few others, and myself will be Mia for a while , lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Thanks i won't be away THAT much, lol I'd miss you guys and the antics, lol i dont know all that much about housing construction, in this deal (by choice) I'm the rip/smash it out guy (to cut the cost and inspect) i figure this illness goes along with honda atv chronic die hard OCD , like a few of us have .

I'll get some more pics soon

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Update: got a bit more done in the last few days, temp today ........ Right at 100 d f n 65% humidity , it's been a few years sense we've had this kind of heat......

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Jay10, your getting there I see.

its also way hot and humid here last week or so, been nasty, I hate hot weather,m cannot wait for snow again LOL

here's a few pic's too, of some critters, and that's one mom bear and 2 other different one's biggest is the last, a solid 500+ lber!

I got a LOT of bears in my area, 14 different one's here so far this yr I can tell apart!, of them all, only one has been tagged, a small female, started off with 3 cubs, got trapped and tagged, they didn;'t trap 2 cubs, so, they got lost, then the last one with her something happened to that one, so, a total loss of all 3 cubs for her this yr, but the state did get tags in her ears?? they probably call that a win?? I don't but, it happens!

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like the animal pics. Not much of a hunter here, but like to see the wildlife. We haven't been too hot ambient temperature this year with only a couple days over 100. Today it is 100 and feels like 110 with the humidity per the weather channel, but it is expected in Texas this time of year.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Wow! That's a healthy bear, lol! I'd have to stay with one eye on him at all times, lol and thanks ! Nothing going on much today , Asthe temp climbed to 101.6 60% humidity , and I'm going crazy to do that 2 inch 300 lift kit...... ( I figure it wont be too long till mac says something lol ) But one can't even step outside without sweating, the digital temp gauge on the 300 is reading 98 d f and never got started haha! So ...... It's take it easy and stay cool Saturday :) so i did stuffed bell peppers (ill stick a pic in fishes honda atv chefs string)

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
only animals I ever have any issue with are always the small one's
field mice and chipmunks, they do more damage than any bear ever has in 30+ yrs of being here
the bears are easy to deal with here, they do there thing, I do mine, never an issue to date, and Never a shortage of them about either, they just seem to not bother me at all here, or any of my neighbors to be honest
but small things, have chewed up wires too many times, and nested where I wish they wouldn;t
filled up so many air boxes over the yrs its crazy, making a million trips to do so, with pine cone petals and seeds ?? man they have a lot of drive in them to keep going!!
I'd much rather deal with my bears here than mice and other bugs LOL

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Here's my 1982 Z50r that my father built for me when I was 11 years old. This was back in 2000 or 2001.

Rode that thing non-stop for a long time. I occassionally bring it out to parties; a real eye opener.
Man that's awesome, I loved them things when I was a kid, they just ran and ran and ran, even as kids we couldn;t seem to kill them things
I can recall a buddy about 5 miles from me had one and we used to run back and forth to his house on it, some times 3 kids on it at same time LOL

I Had the chance to buy one a few weeks back, at a silly price and passed and still regretting I did , not sure why I didn';t, it ran was in about 70% condition and guy wanted 300 bucks for it??
BUT I have no kids so?

but
cool bike there, a true classic to me!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
@mrbb Man 300$ would've been a steal!! This thing starts on the first kick of the kickstarter, putters just perfect. I was emptying out the gas from the gas tank so it wouldn't rust it out but I think it was already rusted when we got it.

I'll be dropping the oil and oiling the chain as well this week. Indeed a cool bike.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
@mrbb Man 300$ would've been a steal!! This thing starts on the first kick of the kickstarter, putters just perfect. I was emptying out the gas from the gas tank so it wouldn't rust it out but I think it was already rusted when we got it.

I'll be dropping the oil and oiling the chain as well this week. Indeed a cool bike.
the bike I looked at was at a estate sale, garage kept, an d for the guys grand kids, he ran it a few times a month, started first kick at the sale, and idles smooth as could be
almost all decals were still solid and all, I don't think it ever left the guys property, just rode about his few acres he had , and only by grand kids when visiting, guess it was his sons bike originally, so a one owner deal.
I didn't even think about buying it at first as I expected it to go for a bunch, and again I don't have kids.

so, I didn;t really pay any attention to it when it went up for auction
then at last minute I heard the low price and was like DARN I should buy it, and before I could make up my mind,m they said sold for 300 bucks??
I honestly expected it to go for about twice that!

OH well, I would have only ended up selling it, and as of lately, with a few things I am trying to sell, the tire kickers are driving me nuts as is LOL
some folks are just jerks when it comes to buying things, they think your a moron and willing to just GIVE stuff away because there cheap a$$'s!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Update on the progress i hate we had to do away with some of the red wood siding..... More pics soon :)

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
getting there
man it was nice last week end here had temps in the 40's
and last ten days have been like a being in a microwave on high??

crazy how temps swing from up and down so extreme,like, 90 to 40 to 90 in 3 days time??

any how here's a couple more pack yard pic's
I felt bad for the critters and got them a kiddie pool LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
We're getting there, started early this am 5, to be exact , and we're done with the tile and tub. Install AND still blistering hot and humid, hope to be in the forums as a reg soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
a couple more pic's from my yard
the first bear is a small female, got tagged this spring, she is about a 150 lbs
second bear is a new guy, he showed up other day, a BIG boy, I'd say he is pushing 550+ lbs maybe a hair more?
but as always never any issue's with the bears, darn MICE are my biggest issue here??

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
another project I been picking at, these are some old Colt Gattling Gun Barrels, been trying to clean them up amnd deiced what I am going to do with them, darn things are HEAVY,
about a 80 lbs for the 10 of them
any one have any interest in Barrels?
bores are NO good, Black powder and poor storage ruined them, plus I think old owner shot a few too many rounds in a row thru them LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
We're getting there, started early this am 5, to be exact , and we're done with the tile and tub. Install AND still blistering hot and humid, hope to be in the forums as a reg soon.
tile looks nice,a friend of mine just did a whole kitchen in that stuff, little different grain like but, it looks great , you'd swear it was a hard wood floor, till you felt it/

your getting closer and closer to being done , and good for or you

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Thanks Mrbb these tile, you can actully feel the grain, i thought was cool, lol my father has a old (civil war musket long gun) i think, I'll try and get some pics of it, glad you brought that old gun to my attention, i just wander how much the thing is worth ? We have no entention on of selling it, but i just wander......

41 - 60 of 616 Posts
About this Discussion
615 Replies
40 Participants
LedFTed
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing