Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I think everyone like's pic's
so why not have a tread, to just add pic's as you want to share some?

here are a couple from my back yard trail cam from the past few days

have a LOT of foxes this yr, every yr they have a litter of young one, and seems now many young one's ain't moving very far away,as they did yrs back??

But first pic is a rare one, but its a fox and a flying squirrel, , second is also a deer and a flying squirrel ,as I seem to have a lot of them here , Flying Squirrels,that is!

foxes are always TRY to catch them, but never seen one get any!, there pretty fast moving critters they only really come out at night too, for those that never seen them before or??

and then rabbits, a good yr for them, but the foxes don';t even seem to go after them , or, ??
and a female bear, she has 2 cubs this yr, her first liter, ,she is a 3.5 yr old female, she's here almost ever day it seems, looking for bird seeds and eating clover in my food plot!
have a lot of history with this bear, showed up here as an orphaned cub, about 30 lbs,and all alone!
I really wasn't sure she'd make it past her first yr, but she did and is doing OK now,
as for her size, if anyone care's LOL
right now she is about 200 lbs and growing!
she was pushing about 300 lbs when she went into winter, bears in PA< get FAT faster than any where else in the world on average!!

she was one of 22 bears I had here last yr!

any how post any pic';s here you's like to share, help keep the site going!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I live in a very high bear number area, but to be honest I have a lot of about all species of critters that live in PA here , have thousands of acre's of some prime land surrounding me, most all owned by gun clubs that manage lands for high wildlife numbers, and most hunters in the club, seem to prefer to spend time in club house, than hunting, so, numbers on things are pretty high here right now, and have been the past 10+ yrs or so
plus I have a lot of food plots of my own and fruit tree's and such, together it holds critters pretty good, I enjoy seeing the bears the most I think, they do a lot of silly things, I have NO clue as to why at times, seems there whole lives here revolve around eating sleeping and being silly!
there brute strength at times is also amazing, watching them uproot stumps and rocks looking for snacks, they throw around 100+ lbs tree's like there tooth picks, and make it seem like its fun, or is till I have to move them back LOL

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
A few random shots from Alberta ....... my former home.
1) Little stallion with his mares and foals ..... he's acting real 'pissy'
2) Forlorn old grave out in an overgrown meadow .... cross inside, no markings ....... kinda' melancholy ....
3) Looking west down Highwood Pass .... 7300 ft.
4) Bighorn juvenile .....

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few random shots from Alberta ....... my former home.
1) Little stallion with his mares and foals ..... he's acting real 'pissy'
2) Forlorn old grave out in an overgrown meadow .... cross inside, no markings ....... kinda' melancholy ....
3) Looking west down Highwood Pass .... 7300 ft.
4) Bighorn juvenile .....
great pic's
Your a lucky person IMO< to live in them places as you do
all that unspoiled land, is just a treasure so few experience or appreciate
If I had my life to do over again, I would be living in area's more like these, than having grew up where I did,
not that where I am at is terrible, its just not what or where I think I should have been in my healthier yrs!

I have highly enjoyed all my trips to places in the remote area's, rocky' mt's both USA and Canada, just awesome scenery every where and all that wild WILD wildlife
here so many critters are almost domestic like, from human contact all the time?

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Could we have this like stuck of the month string ? If Mrbb doesn't mind, some of the wild life pics aren't seen on the trails , so at times i don't know where to post um ? Here's another pic of the little fellow

Attachments

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could we have this like stuck of the month string ? If Mrbb doesn't mind, some of the wild life pics aren't seen on the trails , so at times i don't know where to post um ? Here's another pic of the little fellow
I just started a PIC tread of sort's

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just started a PIC tread of sort's right here, so, this is the perfect place to put em!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Thanks Mrbb we've needed a string just for pics (thumbs up)

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figure we all like pic's and were all, out and about, not always on our atv's
so, why not share any pic you like here
as we all I bet have a lot of like hobby's
I might have some pic's this week, as making a trip south to go help a buddy pic up a big BULL< coming from Texas!, meeting driver half way, and hauling it back the rest!
never hauled a bull before., so, this should be new ground for me LOL

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
If you could find the pic of you feeding the bear a chocolate bunny .... That was a great pic!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Few more random photos .....
1) Sunday morning sailboats waiting for wind ..... Ladysmith, BC.
2) Timberwolf track .... there were 3 wolves running a young cow moose toward me.
3) Grizzly track .... it had been feeding on the gut pile of a moose bull that we took the previous day.
4) G-bear in Alberta ....
5) Old hot rod Dodge/Cummins .... up behind town. Looking for Black bear ....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Thanks Mrbb i looked high and low in th forums for that pic, lol i recall you talking about the bull trip, how did he act ? By himself ?

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Mrbb i looked high and low in th forums for that pic, lol i recall you talking about the bull trip, how did he act ? By himself ?
the trip went OK< some heavy rains at times, but overall an easy trip
biggest issue, was the bull showed up almost 24 hrs later than expected, so trip went a little longer than planned, but overall, a smooth trip, no problems minus some added time.

when we got bull back here to PA< guy that bought it, had about 25 of his cows in a pasture, and these were all cows he wanted bred,
we backed up trailer to an open gate to these cows

thinking maybe it would be some work getting bull out of trailer and all,
but AS soon as this bull seen them cows, he was out the trailer and on a mission to find some summer loving LOL
As After 24+ hrs in a trailer, we sort of thought maybe he'd want to take a break and all, I mean that's a long time in a trailer for them!
, but, guess,he found a wind in him, when he seen all the girls!
Typical guy I guess?? , never too tired for that! HAHA!

1 - 20 of 616 Posts
About this Discussion
615 Replies
40 Participants
LedFTed
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing