Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Last night I noticed that you had not posted in several days and I was concerned. I am happy to see you back today! Sure hope you are feeling better. One overlooked thing about low BP is hydration. Be sure you drinking adequate fluids every day. No, beer does not count. LOL
i understand the hydration issue. an i know beer doesnt hydrate you. after the stroke, my BP dropped. i did a bunch of research, on the subject of stroke. what i found out is if the carotid artery going to the brain has blockage, BP rises. an ultra-sound is necessary, just to find you have blockage. most never have this done, but, it should be done, even at an earlier age. perhaps at 25 the 1st time, then gauge it from that, when the next is necessary. strokes can happen to anyone, regardless of age. i'm not sure if heart attacks, apply, i think anyway, a heart should also be ultra scanned, at an early age. maybe both should be scanned way before 25. its called, preventive maintenance structure. PMS.. it involves fixing a problem, before it happens. it applies to ever thing..
there are people, that can teach, medicine, mechanics, an such,, but they cant do what they teach. i think they get stuck by the textbook. i.e. ifs its in the book, then thats the only way. they get stuck, because it isnt realized, the book, is only a guide...
well;; i said enough, an then some :smile

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
prone for pain

i think it was 3, 4th of July's ago, i took a spill, on porch steps, an injured my back. my feet were up in the air as i landed, on my back. the steps caught me, just above the belt, an between my shoulder blades. it knocked the wind out of me. i found out what sciatica means. i still know what it means. it keeps reminding me.
i went to a regular hospital, and the VA. i can do a little bit, before the pain stops me.
anyway, i got a nurse practitioner, at the VA. she decided, maybe i need an MRI. so i go there an get one, turn's out, i got/had a fractured disk.
Ya Think!!!
if you are of a certain age, you are expected to have pain, sooo, ya get stringed along. i had one doctor at the VA, who said i had arthritis, in the tendons of lower arm's. ain't no such critter. might be about 200 form's of Arthur, none have to do with tendon's, i have found.
my next test lead's to a talk with a spinal, neural surgeon, depending on how it go's. i think, i rather go to a osteopath, or a chiropractor, before the knife.
i've looked up laser surgery, both on the eye's, and the spine. i doubt i'll do either, should the occasion arise. laser on cataracts is a one shot deal. if they get bad again, nothing can be done anymore. laser spinal, seems to be a insurance thing.
do your own research. dont go by what i say

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
might as well keep going. no point in breaking tradition;
nice day, today. back wasn't bothering me. i when over to my shed. 2 story building. after i got in side, i was looking for something, i started noticing wasp. i also heard a noise over in the corner.
i go get the wasp spray, come back, spray what i can. some wasp dies, now to find the nest. over in the corner the noise gets louder. rustling. im thinking coon. since the spray, had already ran out, on the first can, it was low, i go get the the good stuff, RAID.. i find the wasp nest. its in the same place as it was for the past years. same spot, same wasp spray, more or less. ( i used to put a bit of veggie oil in my sprayer mix) to make it last longer.
the noise in the corner, make's a new sound, the steady beak sound, of a wood pecker, in the woods. i look upstairs, i look downstairs. i cant find the spot. in between the top plate, an the bottom plate, from the 1st to the 2nd floor. i cant fix it this evening.
soo, there is a little bit of light for a while. might as well fire up the little chainsaw. easy enought to start. i go in me moms back yard, and while using it, i lock the break. i rest it in my hip, put both hands in the handle to release the break, give it a yank,, and my left hand slips. i tear or cut a piece of skin, on the second finger, bout 5/8 long. its bleeding some, not enough to stop me from folding the skin back over, apply pressure to stop it. had a nice drip. anyway, i go into the house, i dont drip, make to the sink, to wash it off, apply pressure, an go find my brother, so he can help me put a band-aid on it.
i tell him cut part off 1 side of the band-aid off,. and get it ready. when i release put the pad part on the wound, i can hold it, till it get's put around my finger...
now for a punch line.
the blood has stopped. i go back out, fire up the saw, i move about 6 or 7 small branches, to the tow pile, and...... the saw run's out of gas.. :smile talk about timing. if i had moved those branches first, the saw would not have had any gas in it. Oh Well
must be Karma, from a previous life. :grin

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i was working, for the elevator company early 90's. 2 brother's owned it. ICDC.. they got it from their dad, who got it, from a grandfather.
anyway, we were a a job, on melrose ave., downtown louisville. bacon
the Jeep truck was parked in back, it belonged to the older brother. you could watch pigs come through the line, they would get hosed off real well, to get the dirt off, then move up the line, where, something, looking like headphones, was placed, then electricity was applied, their ears stood up at attention.
then they were hooked up to the belt, that takes them, to get finished.. sliced an diced..
the day we were there, this time, a hog got loose, after being electrocuted. it wernt in a hurry, nor crazy acting, but it were headed towards the jeep truck. Gary jumped straight up in the air and landed in the bed of the truck. :smile . i never seen anybody do this before, an never will again. LMAO, i was laughing so hard, i barely got in the truck bed, just in case, the hog was crazed. :grin

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Never to young, or to old, to be stupid. stupid, lets us learn, least i hope so.. oxygen itself is not explosive, nor flammable. it does however feed a fire. me, being smart;;;???
my mom had COPD. she dont anymore, she crossed over.. beside that, i know it you get just a little oxygen close to a cigareete, it will get brighter, where i made my mistake was, not pointing the ox. in the right direction, leaving a build up, of sorts, of excess ox. the cigarette flashed like a camera bulb, not only that, it lit the oxygen hose up, not to mention, a towel, on the side of the couch.
i managed to stop the fire i created. but i got stupid marks on my left palm.. i all ready posted this somewhere, and i hope i am not in the same forum, least the same thread.
those pictures are after the blisters got smaller. :)
Now, just to blast moles with propane.. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Yep.... I have (to) seen that pic before. Hm

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
i know i posted it before, i cant remember where, musta been here, ya think.. :)
my sister wanted me to use ice on it, i used burn plant instead. aloe vera. it quit hurting soon after, less than an hour. took bout 6 weeks to heal..
it changed my palm print. what is left of the scar is still reddish.
i been repetitious enough.. 15F tonight, i think i might just burn some wood..

·
Premium Member
12,394 Posts
When I burned my leg from steam on my 450 while riding in the water with short pants it was bad , 3rd degree burns , it was not healing well and getting worst with the medicines I was applying , so I went to a skin doctor , he wrote a script for some new at the time very expensive stuff that was hard to get , went to every pharmacy in the area and it had to be ordered , cost $116 after the insurance , but my leg was much better in 3 days and healed up in a week , I still got the tube and can get the name off of it , this stuff is a white paste ----years ago I burned my hand while working , the guy I was working for wife had been burned and had gone to the burn center in Texas and had some clear liquid that looked like water , that stuff healed me up quick also ---take care of that wound , burns can get infected fast as the top layers of skin are gone

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
i probably post the burn picts. a page before. after my strokes, "my memory aint what it never was". :D after 2 tacos, a burrito, i had to take a nap, so i quit posting.. food ruins a good buzz.. taco bell is slacking up on what quality they had.. as if...
the pictures i posted, are after the blisters, shrunk, week 3, maybe 4.. i still have nerve function, and it is not heat sensitive.
Dang; you guys are gonna let me post the same story over an over aren't ya.
Good One
i will say this, i didnt pop the blister, so i didnt worry about infection. just used aloe vera, straight from the plant.
For those that happen to read this later..

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
jeez!!! and I thought I was accident prone....feel like I'm the sherif in that scene in Jaws when the other guys all had shark bite scars and all he had was an appendix removal....I swear in summer, my right knee inside area stays red with 2nd degree burns from wearing cargo shorts while riding the little red honda Trail90...that exhaust, even with heat shield will bite ya fast...
haven't had a burn from the fourtrax yet, but always ride it with jeans and boots anyway..and yeah, this time of year, that engine heat is a welcome thing.

·
Premium Member
12,394 Posts
I had a Trail 70 and burned my leg a few times on it ----- worst I ever got burned was a Suzuki TC 125 Street and Trail , doing donuts in the rocks , the tire slid out and the bike laid down on top on my leg with short pants , had me pin for about 30 seconds with the exhaust against the back of my leg , skin was stuck to the pipe , I was on crotches for 2 months

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
this thing about being on crotches when you get injured, i cant reply, with a strait face...
@bighanded; that burn i got wasnt from being accident prone. it was from being stupid prone.. not that i dont have accidents.. an some are from stupid. most...
i have my brilliant moments, then over compensate, by stupid moments. all the professionals, say to maintain balance in you life. when i do the stupid stuff, i seem to get a mark with my body. sometimes its bone, sometimes its muscle, sometimes skin, or somewhere inbetween.
one thing i know about leg injury's, its important to have crotches, so the leg can heal..

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
^^^^if ya read this reply, one thing ya you might note i wrote; its important to have crotches, so the leg can heal.. Perhaps i should watch my own spelling.., though it might take the fun out of it..
gotta say, when my rib cage was fractured, i only had one girl helping me out. :););)

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
yep...and hey, if you need to borrow a set of CRUTCHES let me know...for a CROTCH..yer on yer own dude (LOL)

I recently had to laugh til the tears were pouring...was texting with a friend...gun range bud..and was talking about the prior week's range time...and was talking about sighting in the scope and I mistakenly typed "I took one shit to the left"..obviously I meant to type "one SHOT" anyway...next thing you know my phone is ringing and he is busting a gut laughing..and when he told me to read what I texted..we were both in tears...anyone around me at that time musta thought I had totally lost it...

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
if i dont do something dumb, then i am out of practice.. anyway;;
one night, the barnyard lights are on. my nephew is walking the Great Dane. she is a big dog, but a wee bit chicken.
when she barks though, she will get your attention.. anyway; i sneak over there. ever so often, i might hid behind, a tree, 4" tree trunk. they aint paying attention.. the outside lights are on. when i get within 60ft, i take off running, then cut out a yell,.. the dane nearly drags my nephew up the ramp, going to the house.. that lasted me for years..
i couldnt roll on the ground laughing, too many land mines.. my sister had near 42 cats, didnt none of them much bury anything in the yard.. a lot of them had the mustard-hershey squirts too.. bad genes dont ya know..

41 - 57 of 57 Posts