Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
bcsman; here ya go
i fell over my carry air tank, a while back, that was the first yuk yuk. i got banged up some. i moved it out of the way, so it wouldnt happen again. i resigned myself to make sure i carry a flashlight of some sort, as my night vision, aint like it used to be..
anywho,,,,, when out of town for a day, to go to my friends hunting place. 60 or more acres, plus a pond. i got a 1 day fishing license, cause no one aroud here much gos fishing, an least i could wet a line. got a 30 pack of bud. i wasnt gonna drink all that in 1 day, but it would save me a trip to the store later on. practical.
on the way back , a light rain developed. by the time i got here, the ground was getting wet, plus i had on those new-type tenna-shoes where its mesh at the top,an your feet get wet, even if its the slightest amount of dew on the ground.
we arrived here, an the rain was changing from a misty type to drops. i wanted to get in the house fast, so as i would have dry socks. my flashlights were in my carry bags. so i grab the bud first, make a bee line for the house. just as i was getting to the door i trip.
i did move the air tank out of the way, but not the extension cord, of the air hose, which both are wet, slippery, an tangle-some. I'm definitely not a weeble. i do fall down.
lucky, the 22 beers in the case cushioned part of my fall. however, my head struck my small ancient air compressor. my head, an the larger pulley, had a confrontation. the 8in. pulley won.
i got a gash on my forehead, through my hat, which sustained no damage. a nice 1.75 goose egg, close to 3/8 raised. 1st time i got one on that side., an i got to see a flash with just a little stars.
the point of this story is to clarify the difference, between, ignorant, an STUPID. i could ave cleaned op that area a bit more. guess what? its still like that..
:grin:grin:grin:grin:grin
:icon_ rofl:

Dang man, I thought I was accident prone. I think you have me soundly beat!

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
maybe instead of a hat i should wear a helmet. banging my head,
it does make me think outside the box :icon_ nono2: :grin

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Sounds like too many lites....? Take it easy ted , we ain't young guys anymore.... Altho.... Much tougher .... Then most :lifting: :devil

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
what dont kill ya makes ya stronger so they say. it just make my bones hurt, for a while. i have decided its time i built that left leg back up. or was it the head bang that knocked some sense into me. :smile
on the side. im not supposed to get adjusted, in the neck area because of a stroke. i seem to do it anyway :grin i've seen more stars than ya can now, downtown louisville, at night. they burn to many lights, at night to even see most stars. wasted energy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
what dont kill ya makes ya stronger so they say. it just make my bones hurt, for a while. i have decided its time i built that left leg back up. or was it the head bang that knocked some sense into me. :smile
on the side. im not supposed to get adjusted, in the neck area because of a stroke. i seem to do it anyway :grin i've seen more stars than ya can now, downtown louisville, at night. they burn to many lights, at night to even see most stars. wasted energy.
Wow, take it easy Ted! I'm not sure if it's the 8 beers or the air compressor that has it out for you. I"d sure wear that helmet and I'd throw some bubble wrap and an old mattress over that compressor 'cause it sounds like it's possessed! I mean, after 8 beers there's no tellin' what might attack you! It might even be one of your sister's cats......................<I can't stop laughing about the cat story>
Put some ice on that knot, Ted and take care of yourself.

·
Premium Member
12,395 Posts
maybe instead of a hat i should wear a helmet. it does help me think outside the box :icon_ nono2: :grin
\

Out da'box , I like that saying , I use to use that saying a lot , definition = clueless , oblivious , out the main stream - ex: LedFted is out da'box !!!

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I see what the problem is. Too many cold ones in the box made an uneven weight distribution. Next time; make sure to finish atleast half the box!

Awesome story, had a good laugh. Hope you're alright!
fairly close.. had i more buds, on the right side of my body, i could have drifted right. left leg is weak. i been wearing a boot on left side, to build up the response time, and a sports shoe on the right. the boot is least 1 pound heavier. so far in 3 days, no-one has noticed. i plan on getting ankle weights. 3 days, is whats funny. :smile

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
my yuk yuks

8/27/18;; update. my left elbow finally quit complaining, when i bend it towards my body, so did the other things, that hurt. since then, i just cant seem to stop, banging into things, that has got better. sooo, while i am on the story of yuk yuks;
when i was in boot/navy.. i met a couple of boys from bama. anyway, we were pals. in line, in the barracks, the blue roper, [like a DI], was doing inspection. one of those boys cut loose, shoo did e ripp one, just before e got over to us, DI, i couldn't contain my laughter.
i had to do a bunch of push-ups, an such. ever so often, i hear a ripple, an think of them. that was in 75.
i have heard from some of those i camp with, when i rip, in my sleep, i will laugh. ya should know before i wrote the last sentence, i just had taken a drink of beer, i sprayed it, over my key board. i crack me up. i'm going to have to take all them buttons off again, and clean out the sticky parts. good thing i got a picture of where they go.. maybe, i wont get the arrows mixed up this time.. gadda go an wash off my hands..

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
christmas story

i aint been banged up much lately, but i got more yuk yuks, than needles on a christmas tree.
it was that time of the year. the season, the christmas season. "The Miracle On 34Th Street".. that's the christmas movie. Jimmie Stuart is good in his movie, but i never thought of it as a christmas movie. anyhow...
i was outside at night. i seem to be a night person. it was just a week or two after christmas.i cant remember why i was out, i just was. walking about, i started hearing a tinkling of tiny bells. it was coming from the woods direction. i walked back to the fence, to hear it better. it was still faint, the sound, yet i could still hear it. i waited a while, the sound wasnt getting closer, and had stopped a bit.
so i walked back to the house, waiting outside, an being most curious. after a while the sound kept getting louder. it was coming my way. wernt much i could do as i have not ever heard this sound before, but wait.
it sounded like a sleigh. the tinkle of jingle bells. sometimes 3 or 4 steps, sometimes up to 7. i waited. when the sound got louder,, i was thinking,, "yes, Virgina, there is a Santa Clause" . just about had me..
then my white mare comes into view. had been some mist/rain, it was cold outside. the poor mare was wearing ice-sickles, all around her, like a skirt of sorts, a ice sickle to-to, from front to back, with both, front, an rear legs, sticking out. the ice sickles had been ringing like wind chimes, just in a jingle bell way. they were near 7 inches long, and there was no way i could remove them, because of the cold..
i hate to admit it, but, it did have me going for a bit.. did i admit im stuporsticious.
only to be young, an still easy. :smile

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
BP

not British Petroleum, but blood pressure. my losing balance, is from low blood pressure. least most of it is. it happened before. just after the stroke/s my bp dropped. the obstruction in the carotid vein, cholesterol, broke loose, though it clogged up some smaller veins, it gave the major vein, more blood flow.. that lowered my BP. about 4 mts after the stroke, i learned how to tie my shoes again. from 2010 till now, i had forgot, the reason my BP dropped. least this time its not a stroke. i had a CAT scan, friday. now as to what lowered the BP, doubt i will ever find out. i only know i have to monitor my BP, and take my meds as i see fit, till the one in charge, understands[real doctor]. it used to be a doctor, now its a nurse practitioner. i see little difference.
the doctor i had at the VA before, when my BP dropped, was an associate professor. i think she could teach medicine. but when it came to practice[healing], she didnt have the skills.
more to write later, but, this yuk yuk is on me. :sad

·
Registered
613 Posts
Last night I noticed that you had not posted in several days and I was concerned. I am happy to see you back today! Sure hope you are feeling better. One overlooked thing about low BP is hydration. Be sure you drinking adequate fluids every day. No, beer does not count. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Last night I noticed that you had not posted in several days and I was concerned. I am happy to see you back today! Sure hope you are feeling better. One overlooked thing about low BP is hydration. Be sure you drinking adequate fluids every day. No, beer does not count. LOL
i know the difference between beer an water. especially during the night. drink 1 or 2, you dont have to go to the bathroom. after that, for every 1 ya drink, ya gotta go 2 or 3 times. LOLS.. the low BP was one thing, but the site has been running slow also.
hydration is one thing. i also think that some elements cause problems when they are missing. people with cramps, low levels of; hydration, sodium, potassium, magnesium, or calcium. the only 5 that result in cramps. i'm am an old one at 63. i been through the ringer many times. low BP caught me off guard. i had forgot the last time it got me. that time it had to do with a stroke. was a blockage in the right carotid in the pons area. once it cleared out some,though it did block some stuff down the line in blood flow to the brain, my BP dropped because some of the blockage, was out of the way.
in other words, i got more flow to the brain, on the other hand, some of my brain died because the blockage went elsewhere. had i not went to the VA, it may have made a difference. the nurse that was supposed to check me during the night, didnt do it. i seen him 3 times during the night walk by my room, once he even walked in for about 4 or 5 steps, turned around an walked out of the room. had i been checked during the night, i doubt i would have had the 2nd stroke. there is more to this story, but not tonight. we need those from the south of the equator to speak up, as winter slows things down on the other side.
did ya like some of my horse tales? i got a bunch of those. i sold Misty to my brother, for his daughter. i didnt expect her, to be up to the challenge, of taking care of a horse, so i left an option to buy her back. the mare, not the niece. any who, my nephew, i told him it was OK to cut a burr out of the mares tail. my niece was there, an next thing i knew, the mare got her tail bobbed. it will take years fore it touches the ground. did i mention the forelock also got cut. lols to me,. the mare still likes me. i bought her back.
if the mare knew what i had done, i would be expecting a hoof print, on my rear, an i should.

·
Premium Member
12,395 Posts
Quote ,LedFTed " drink 1 or 2, you dont have to go to the bathroom. after that, for every 1 ya drink, ya gotta go 2 or 3 times. LOLS.. the low BP was one thing, but the site has been running slow also. "Quote , LedFTed

I am good for 6 beers then 1 trip to the rest room , then it is one for one after that , on the weekend I can do 18-24 so that is a lot of trips to the relief area , I got a urinal out of a hotel bar room that was demoed , have not hooked it up yet as a outside outhouse , I been catching friends peeing behind the pump shed , talked with my water well buddy and he says it would take 400 years to get to the 400 ft well head , don't know about that one ---- I know it is better than Round Up for killing grass and the mole doesn't like it

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Quote ,LedFTed " drink 1 or 2, you dont have to go to the bathroom. after that, for every 1 ya drink, ya gotta go 2 or 3 times. LOLS.. the low BP was one thing, but the site has been running slow also. "Quote , LedFTed

I am good for 6 beers then 1 trip to the rest room , then it is one for one after that , on the weekend I can do 18-24 so that is a lot of trips to the relief area , I got a urinal out of a hotel bar room that was demoed , have not hooked it up yet as a outside outhouse , I been catching friends peeing behind the pump shed , talked with my water well buddy and he says it would take 400 years to get to the 400 ft well head , don't know about that one ---- I know it is better than Round Up for killing grass and the mole doesn't like it
WOW; 6beers. got to say i'm impressed. never knew it was possible, cept for Andre the Giant. he could knock out some beer. i have made it to 3 beers, but i still do double time after that. whats worst is having to wake up during the night. just when im snoring good, or having a good dream. it seems like i always get woke up, just before i get to the good part of the dream. its like reading a book, then find out the last 10 pages are missing, when ya get to the end.
when my dad got older he had a tube!!! it went to a plastic bag, nuff said..
if i aint drank in a while, i can drink 9 or so in a day. i pay for it the next day.
on my 26 birth day, i drank 26, it took, though, 24-26hrs. that was last time i tried to do that. it was a long day. i didnt do it any more after that.
if the urine gets rid of moles, i been putting it in the wrong spot, urine, probable have bad aim anyway. i dont see them moles, for the most part. :grin
now is a good time to put those caster beans in the ground. 3 of those beans may kill a horse.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
46 ford tracter.

the rubber boot at the bottom of the shifter , let water in the into the oil. it affected the lift. it took a while to figure out what the problem was. i got a new boot. them things are hard to put on. not having to do this before, i thought if i soaked it in gas, it would be looser, an easier to put on. it was pliable after i got it out of the gas. wasnt long till it shrunk worst than before, an became as hard as a rock..

i wont tell you about only putting 2 out of three plugs, at the bottom, of the tractor and wondering why it wasnt filling up, with the new oil.. :grin
i aint the least bit, drifty
on my side, it had been 4 mts since i took the plugs out, an,, When, someone is helping me out that dont know anything, my train of thought, runs off the tracks.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
here is one. i was watch a 1934 movie. the song at the end, got stuck for a week or so. today i seen a lynard skinard, movie. more as a documentary.
forgive the spelling, as i just cant do it. it did get rid of the song that was stuck. and i heard some of other music, from others, plus some music i never did anything with. i need to see the skinard movie again to reinforce the tune i dont like.. i dont listen to FM any more. its top 20 or even to 150. 2 days of 150 top tunes, is enough, to turn off the FM. makes me think of dish tv. or most of the commercials they show, instead of film. they could seen me a case of wine, everyday, and it wont improve the service. besides, i know boons farm type wine, and some white wine i used to get in florida, drink with, gretta, a friend, and watch Benny Hill.
i cant imagine eating fish eggs on a cracker, an paying to do it, or even close to paying for that.
seems it should be the other way around.
in 1985, i went to florida, to ride horses. just so happened, i was getting tired of drinking miller beer. it got too sweet. you probable seen something similar with cereal. it was sugar bear. no one should have to endure that much sugar. sugar beer/sugar bear, same MO. thats when i switched to budweiser beer. it was consistent for a long time. then one day, they decided to put dates on the cans, an bottles. that was when the quality when down the rabbit hole. now, ya buy by the date, instead of the flavor. they still do it. least you can tell when ya get a bad batch. when i was paying attention, i got up to over 26, different flavors. i still now watch the dates. once a year or so, it taste like bud. those are bad days for me, cause i buy so much.
just to say; a bar i went to found some bud in cans at the bottom of the cooler. they were getting thrown into the dumpster. i asked the bartender if i could try one. it was great. so i told him i would take the whole batch for $6.oo bucks. i got it.. the design of the can, had already changed twice. still, it was good bud, at its best. till ya get that kind, then ya will never know how bud taste. apparently, the newer brew masters, still dont know. i contacted the company once, to tell them. the reply was from a car salesman, not someone who cares about more other than profit. well, i said too much already. ed

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
moms

i'm quite full of it, as you can imagine. i had borrowed my moms camera. that in itself is no problem. but!! the desk i use had pull out sections, to write on, writing boards, or whatever. i can have them flat, or can tilt them. i tilt them so i dont need a larger chair. i set me mums camera there, an it slid off. barely 10 degree tilt. it landed on the concrete floor, an broke the door. battery compartment, plus in the place, 8GB, card is at. her camera, L22 nikon. i bought 2 L31's just to make sure, i would have a better camera, so she wouldnt complain. $160.oo. it turns out, the L22, is a better camera. so i had to buy another camera, L22. i think it was $60.oo. just found out it was 30.
WOOF. an expression from the island, NY. my expression, i should not say here. poop, comes to mind.
anywho; i hope she dont know the difference. be the last time i borrow, her camera if this works. i should know better, anyhow :devil
i didnt cost to much for that lesson. $220.oo, best i figure, an i got 2 cameras on the side i didnt need :grin
anybody want an L31 Nikon, i got 2 ? :icon_ poke:

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
something smell dead in the basement. hope it a mickey. i.e. , mouse. may be likely, the last bit of shrimp i bought fell behind the steps, before it was cooked. i might have forgot i set it there. lots of traffic, up an down the steps over to moms. however, thats not why i write. its about revenge, in the old days, or a prank. i do remember just a few for the moment. i didnt do these things, but would have liked to.. 1 thing was to put a raincoat, where gad is put in the gas tank, just undo the top, throw a rain coat in, the gas will put it in the tank. the gas in the tank, would expand the raincoat, an it would run into the feed in the tank, an shut the car off. once off, it would float somewhere else in the tank, and repeat the process later.
another thing was to put Limburger cheese on the exhaust manifold.
then there was, take a can of sardines, place the drained can under a seat, with the sardines. the reason i bring this up, is 2 well placed shrimp, can have the same effect, easier to hide. i couldnt do it to a friend, but would gladly do it to some one that pretends to be more than once.. or some other thing. some to do with time, and served cold. i cant the exact phrase at the moment patience, is involved. i got plenty of that. :devil

·
Premium Member
12,395 Posts
you like pranks Led' , when I was teenager I worked as a deck hand on shrimp boats during the summer in Venice , we had house trailers that we stood in , there is very little to do in Venice at night other than the bars of there was a bowling alley years ago , so we are riding down the highway and hit a raccoon , turned around and threw him in back the truck , nobody locked doors back then , we went to our buddies trailer and put the coon on the sofa , sun glasses on his head , cigarette in his mouth , ash tray and beer cans all over the place , tv volume wide open , next morning we were heading to the dock and opened the door of the truck and 50 beer cans fell out , the coon was hanging over the steering wheel like he got home late and fell asleep in the truck , so this went on for days , the coon kept showing up in the oven , the shower , behind the seat of the truck , etc , it went on for a week and the coon was ripe , then one day we were out in the Gulf on the boat and smelt something stinking , found the coon was cloth hanger'ed on top the engine half cooked , Shorty the guy I was deck handing for told me to throw it over board that he had enough , I was ready to keep it going

21 - 40 of 57 Posts