Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever time i see, "Led upgrades" on the right, i think of me. [Led, being one of my nicknames]... an for a split second, i think, im getting help of a different nature.. thats what happens when your mind is not harnessed.. must be an artist, of sorts :grin

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i think i'll tell some more on me, so that others know how lucky they are, not to do the same things, though most have an done, but are to proud to say so..
i done bunches of dumb things, and find them most hilarious, to me..
i got a warped sense of humor, an have the ability, to laugh at myself, when i get done cussing myself. just saying,, ed

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i went back out this morning, because i was working with gretta. the red horse. i had forgot my old age, when i steeped out side, i didnt give my eyes enough time to adapt. i fell over my air tank, near landed face first into the floor jack.
i did land on my left cheek bone, maybe some on the left bone above the eye,
the bone at my elbow is still sore. i were close to seeing stars.. some of my teeth still are sore, on the left side. after i got back on my feet, i went to school gretta some more.. so it goes LOLS
PS, i havent been allowed to go to the chiropractor, to get my neck adjusted, since the stroke. i think i just adjusted it on me own. 1 pain begins, 1 pain stops.
at least this adjustment, dont seem to cost to much, so far

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
man that sucks, getting old SUCKS too LOL
I know since my vision has been failing a lot due to some health issue's causing it to go, my depth perception is way off and it has caused me a few injuries I could have done without
glad your more or less OK

funny how as you get older the ground seems harder when you land on it and farther away(when needing to bend over to pick crap up LOL)

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Dang man, hope you feel better.

Mom tripped going up their back steps friday and broke her big toe and ripped the nail off. Amazing how a moment of not paying attention can hurt!

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the support.. its appreciated.. im sore in a few spots or so. just a thing. next time i get out in the dark, i might give my eyes time to adjust.. just might. :smile
landing face forward is hard to practice for.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man that sucks, getting old SUCKS too LOL
I know since my vision has been failing a lot due to some health issue's causing it to go, my depth perception is way off and it has caused me a few injuries I could have done without
glad your more or less OK

funny how as you get older the ground seems harder when you land on it and farther away(when needing to bend over to pick crap up LOL)
Yep; my short vision started going out, from 2000, however,2002, i got depth perception. it was like looking through binoculars. late in life, explains why i had problems with a basketball shot.. i want my short vision back. im too short for hoops anyway..
i hope you can get your vision back an more.
me, i will slow bounce back..

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Mom tripped going up their back steps friday and broke her big toe and ripped the nail off. Amazing how a moment of not paying attention can hurt!
been there some. i hope your mom can get something done with her toe.
the VA told me nothing could be done, when i broke the 2nd toe. turns out had i been somewhere else, maybe it could have been fixed. dont give up. find the right doctor. thoughts are with you an yours

·
Registered
6,486 Posts

been there some. i hope your mom can get something done with her toe.
the VA told me nothing could be done, when i broke the 2nd toe. turns out had i been somewhere else, maybe it could have been fixed. dont give up. find the right doctor. thoughts are with you an yours
She'll be ok. Bitching about having to wear a boot, but I work in the admin side of a medical clinic so the staff here has taken really good care of her.

For awhile after I took this job, we ran a VA outpatient clinic on contract with the VA. We lost money on the deal, but we had the highest quality markers of any clinic in this part of the country.

It's a travesty that our vets can't get better medical treatment. Dad is retired Army and retired as a Col, so he and mom are on Tricare and can pick their doctor instead of having to go to the VA.

All of our vets should be able to have that. The VA shows what happens when government runs healthcare. All of these people whining about healthcare being a right who have done nothing to deserve it, while our vets have to go to the VA and receive substandard treatment.

Sorry for the rant. Just a touchy subject for me.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
VA

Hey Jeep; the VA care is a touchy subject for me also. i had another major stroke, while i stayed at the VA. the male nurse that was supposed to check me in the night, never did. the 1st stroke, it got fixed some, staying there at night, with out being checked, lead to a stroke worst then when i when in.. it only counts as 1 stroke, VA thing, having 2 strokes within 24 hrs. i got sent to U of L to correct their mistake. i couldnt get therapy, after i got back home, because the VA determined it would cost to much.
long story short, after bout 3 mts. i could see a clock with hands, an read the numbers. after 4 mts., i could tie my shoes again. [my near 6 year old niece taught me, the same way i taught her]. in a year or so i started remembering, how wrenches work, though it took 3 years for me to master a clove hitch knot, on occasion i still have a problem..
when you get a good doctor, things get done, when you dont, things get delayed.. the good doctors, arnt allowed to say any thing, else they lose their job. the others dont care. if the patient says anything, its like a flag gos up, an the treatment gets worst. Got to stop the trouble makers.. so it goes...

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
The Memphis VA was on the news back when we had our outpatient clinic. Patients unattended for hours on a floor in the VA hospital. Not a single employee on the entire floor, even though it was full of patients.

Veterans are the most deserving segment of our society. The fact that they are provided substandard healthcare while parasites who have never worked get free healthcare and can choose their provider is a travesty.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got a bruse on the left elbow baseball size. left cheek was sore a bit, brused knee, few scratches. i cant remember a time when i aint run into something.
the ground gots the best score:smile

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have times when i can walk good. the corner-store, is just over a mile away, an i have walked it many times. walking is good for the spirit. anywho...
on the way there, sitting on top of a fence post, was a large fruit juice can. i walked up to the store, and on the way back, my curiosity got the best of me. so i jumped across the ditch, when up the hill just a bit, reached over my head an took the can off.. i tilted the can while tilting on got water all over me in the front.
the can had been ope on both sides with a can opener, the old triangle kind. i got mad.
after i got over my mad, i set the can back on top of the pole for the next person.
gotta have respect for a joke well played. i was smilling the rest of the way home. :angel

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
on the ground; what else

did i already post, about, not ducking, before i walked into the 5th wheel, overhang? nobody ever caught me looking up at the stars when that happened 2 or 3 times. happened because i was looking at the ground, so i didnt trip, and had a brim on my hat, that didnt let me look up.
elbow on left side, barely has much pain now, from falling over air tank a few days ago, or so.
i truly think bruised bones, are underestimated.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
aids

The Memphis VA was on the news back when we had our outpatient clinic. Patients unattended for hours on a floor in the VA hospital. Not a single employee on the entire floor, even though it was full of patients.

Veterans are the most deserving segment of our society. The fact that they are provided substandard healthcare while parasites who have never worked get free healthcare and can choose their provider is a travesty.
was in the VA in Tennessee somewhere, when doing a lower GI thing, the things wernt cleaned, an other vet's got aid's? i not knocking tennessee, just the VA.
some of the doctors here, ky. cant make it in the real world, while others are near saints. a doctor here was an associate professor, yet the worst doctor i had ever. some can teach, but have no business, being out in the field.
i am glad i never learned from that type of person..

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
did i already post, about, not ducking, before i walked into the 5th wheel, overhang?
elbow on left side, barely has much pain now. i truly think bruised bones, are underestimated.
I bruised a bone in my leg a few years ago.

Wife and her nurse friend (basfnb's wife) convinced me I had compartment syndrome. I googled it and freaked out, immediately went to the doctor.

He laughed at me, said I'd bruised the bone. That leg hurt for months.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
did i already post, about, not ducking, before i walked into the 5th wheel, overhang?
elbow on left side, barely has much pain now. i truly think bruised bones, are underestimated.
I bruised a bone in my leg a few years ago.

Wife and her nurse friend (basfnb's wife) convinced me I had compartment syndrome. I googled it and freaked out, immediately went to the doctor.

He laughed at me, said I'd bruised the bone. That leg hurt for months.
that brought a few tears to me eyes. empathy, being one, a laughing inside myself, because i been through this before, yet no doctor, has mentioned bruised bones, though i knew they were. :smile
i was standing on a bumper of a larger truck, mech. work, an my feet slipped of the bumper. i caught my elbow bone on the way down. bothered me over a decade. i think it busted a bursa sack also. that elbow looked like the one Popeye the sailor man had, for many years. supposedly nothing can be done about that.
i finally rubbed a home remedy on it for a while, an it shrunk down a bit.
you cant believe ever thing you hear, or read. sometimes, find out for yourself.
if you read about me getting stomped by a horses, i had pain an discomfort for 19 yrs., after that. still feel funny trying to sleep on left side. life is strange, aint it. just a thing

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stupid or ignorant?

bcsman; here ya go
i fell over my carry air tank, a while back, that was the first yuk yuk. i got banged up some. i moved it out of the way, so it wouldnt happen again. i resigned myself to make sure i carry a flashlight of some sort, as my night vision, aint like it used to be..
anywho,,,,, when out of town for a day, to go to my friends hunting place. 60 or more acres, plus a pond. i got a 1 day fishing license, cause no one aroud here much gos fishing, an least i could wet a line. got a 30 pack of bud. i wasnt gonna drink all that in 1 day, but it would save me a trip to the store later on. practical.
on the way back , a light rain developed. by the time i got here, the ground was getting wet, plus i had on those new-type tenna-shoes where its mesh at the top,an your feet get wet, even if its the slightest amount of dew on the ground.
we arrived here, an the rain was changing from a misty type to drops. i wanted to get in the house fast, so as i would have dry socks. my flashlights were in my carry bags. so i grab the bud first, make a bee line for the house. just as i was getting to the door i trip.
i did move the air tank out of the way, but not the extension cord, of the air hose, which both are wet, slippery, an tangle-some. I'm definitely not a weeble. i do fall down.
lucky, the 22 beers in the case cushioned part of my fall. however, my head struck my small ancient air compressor. my head, an the larger pulley, had a confrontation. the 8in. pulley won.
i got a gash on my forehead, through my hat, which sustained no damage. a nice 1.75 goose egg, close to 3/8 raised. 1st time i got one on that side., an i got to see a flash with just a little stars.
the point of this story is to clarify the difference, between, ignorant, an STUPID. i could ave cleaned op that area a bit more. guess what? its still like that..
:grin:grin:grin:grin:grin

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
8 Participants
LedFTed
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing