Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 Honda Foreman es 450 and i just put a uni filter in it and im gonna put a hmf utility exhaust. would i have to rejet it?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yes, anytime you increase the airflow through an engine, you have to rejet to keep the air/fuel mixture correct.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i heard from a mechanic that specializes in street bikes, dirt bikes, and atvs and he said tht they all run worse when u mess with the jets on them. some people put jet kits on their stuff he he takes the jet kit out and puts the stock one back in. is this true?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
well i heard from a mechanic that specializes in street bikes, dirt bikes, and atvs and he said tht they all run worse when u mess with the jets on them. some people put jet kits on their stuff he he takes the jet kit out and puts the stock one back in. is this true?
If you jet them correctly, they will run fine, but sometimes they are hard to get just right. You just have to keep trying until you get it right. It is true that if you don't jet them correctly, they will run worse than stock. If you don't rejet when you put aftermarket pipes and aftermarket air filters on, you will be running too lean and that can damage your engine. If you decide not to rejet, I wouldn't put the aftermarket pipe and filter on the ATV. Most mechanics don't like to rejet because of the fact that it can be time consuming and a big hassle to get it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts