Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys I was on another forum and they were talking about the 250 ex and they said that the 250ex could go 50 - 60 mph. is this even possible? and will the motor blow?:dry:

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I was running about 55, one day, and one of my friends was on a 250EX and he was pretty much keeping up with me.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
not sure about the 250ex..but..i know the 350x..yeah yeah..it's a 3 wheeler..lol..can do 65+..soo..anything is posb :)

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
not sure about the 250ex..but..i know the 350x..yeah yeah..it's a 3 wheeler..lol..can do 65+..soo..anything is posb :)
Yeah, I agree shadetree. The 350X 3-wheeler can do at least 65, maybe close to 70. They are pretty fast. I guess because they are light.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Yeah, I agree shadetree. The 350X 3-wheeler can do at least 65, maybe close to 70. They are pretty fast. I guess because they are light.
Oh gees 300 will clam this as his next engine for the monster ride. LOL

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
i don't know yet..but..i'll tell you in a few months..i got a 86 honda 350x project bike i'm working on...lol..soo..i'll let ya know..lol.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
One of my friends used to have one. I could run about 60 and he could run off and leave me bad. I wouldn't on my Foreman, though. It would be lucky to run 50, downhill.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so it is true then the 2008 250ex can do 50-60 mph then? also what's the 250 ex's engine red line at?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
so it is true then the 2008 250ex can do 50-60 mph then? also what's the 250 ex's engine red line at?
Yeah, it surprised me that they could run as fast as they do. I don't know what they red line at, but don't they have a rev limiter?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yep rev limiter will stop it from blowing up.Shadetree that 350x project is that a motor in a 250x chassis or is it still a three wheeler?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay so would it hurt the motor if I put a rev box on my 250ex?

·
Registered
383 Posts
rev limiter is like 8250rpm i believe.get some taller tires you could go a little faster on top end.im putting a aftermarket cdi box on today ill update later how it works.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
okay so would it hurt the motor if I put a rev box on my 250ex?
It should already have a rev limiter on it, and like Billy said, it will keep the engine from blowing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was actually talking about an new cdi box that would move the rev limiter, and let the engine rev higher.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Yep rev limiter will stop it from blowing up.Shadetree that 350x project is that a motor in a 250x chassis or is it still a three wheeler?
it's still in the 3 wheeler frame...it's my next project bike i'm gonna do.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will the rev box give me any power gains? or should I just cut right to the chase and bore it and put a bigger piston in it right from the start?

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
If you want a big increase in power its going to cost money. Cam, piston, valves, rod, exhaust ect have the head shaved down to build more compression there is lots of stuff that can be done to build power and performance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
is there any companies that make a stage1 or stage 2 cam for the 250ex though. and what about the crank and the valves is there anyone out there that make them for the 250ex cause I haven't found any companies out there making stuff like that for the 250ex.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts