Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2010 Rancher that I’m cleaning up. It’s my first quad and this is my first post. I would like to add a winch and have read some posts and watched some videos.

It appears to have a “plate” but looks different from the winch plates at YouTube and Amazon. On the other hand, the videos show a void in this area prior to installing a plate. I know this must seem dense of me, but... is it a winch plate? I’ve also noticed it lacks the curved up portion that a fairlead would normally mount to. But if it’s not for a winch, what is it, and why do other Ranchers I’ve seen not have it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Looks like a winch mount plate but missing the fairlead mount. Hard to say what brand

Go to KFI and see what winch mounts they offer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks low for a winch mount, maybe a plow mount, thats where the bottom part of my plow mount hooks up but it doesn't look like that, I have a 08 420 rancher

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm.... I didn’t consider a (snow) plow plate. I suppose that’s possible for a Rancher with manure. Even so, I’ve looked at KFI and elsewhere and can’t find a matching plate. It was definitely added after it was bought new, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
The more I look at it I think it is a winch mount who makes it I don't know, mine is a 08 it does not have that flat plate on it, I bought mine new too so it wasn't taken off. The winch does mount in there but on mine it mounts on the plate that's angles up ward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
billy5221
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing