Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to try cleaning the 350’s carb, when I pulled the top and bowl off this is what I was greeted with

It’s all cleaned up now, is there anything else I should be concerned about? Or is this relatively normal for an atv that was sitting outside for 10 years? Is it possible it could have gotten to the piston? And if so should I be concerned about it damaging it? Or would it just burn it right up with the combustion? Any info or tips is appreciated, this is my first time attempting a carb rebuild so I have no idea if what I’m looking at is normal

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
completely disassembled QA03A carb in the pic.
Use Berryman Chemtool if you can find it and wash out all that gunk. Try not to get more of that stuff in the carb body.

use dental brushes, cotton swabs and pipe cleaners. Maybe take the carb body in and have the shop use their ultrasonic cleaner.

use a Shindy or K&L carb kit especially if you need jets. Use a Honda gasket kit if jets look good.
Consider buying a new choke valve too no doubt that’s perished

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
completely disassembled QA03A carb in the pic.
Use Berryman Chemtool if you can find it and wash out all that gunk. Try not to get more of that stuff in the carb body.

use dental brushes, cotton swabs and pipe cleaners. Maybe take the carb body in and have the shop use their ultrasonic cleaner.

use a Shindy or K&L carb kit especially if you need jets. Use a Honda gasket kit if jets look good.
Consider buying a new choke valve too no doubt that’s perished
View attachment 152213
Got it all cleaned up now, thank you for the picture though that can be very useful for me next time

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Here’s my 86 restoration thread hope it helps you further.
see my pipe cleaner running through the choke passage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts