Honda ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yeah, me too, but It will probably eventually break over the years. I wonder if there is a way I can put all that junk on there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, me too, but It will probably eventually break over the years. I wonder if there is a way I can put all that junk on there.

Is it the 2013 model? Not sure if it’s wired for it or not. I had to replace my sons instrument cluster last year due to water damage. $100.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I was also thinking that if I did end up with the rancher, I would want to do a top end on it, because I would already have the head off. It would also make sense to but an overbore kit on it. I was looking, and I saw an 80 thousands overbore kit. I was wondering If I would have to get a new jug, or could I bore it 80 thousands?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would have to get the cylinder measured first to see how much wear it has and go from there. The manual gives the specs of the cylinder and wear limits.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well, I can't afford anything without selling my 300. Is it wise to sell the 300 and buy a 420?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I weigh a little over 200 lbs, and a 300 is kinda gutless, so it might be a better option. And what do you think about the efi?
I’m a new owner that just bought a 2017 Rancher 4x4 with manual shift as well. Mine only has 245 miles on it. I’ve never rode a 300, but I’m 6’4 and 235 pounds, and it’s beyond the power I need, but I just ride trails. Hell, I bought my wife’s little 2017 Recon 250 and it’s just as fast. Lol!! It’s more zippy, whereas mine is more torque’y(for lack of better words).
Anyway, I say get the Rancher. Amazing machine! Just get the issues fixed up, and put some Amsoil engine oil in, and put Amsoil differential fluid in. Night and day difference how smoother, quieter, and cooler it runs.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Oh really, thanks for the tip? In the rancher 420's current condition, what would you say it's worth?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts