Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an 88 fourtrax 300 for about 5 years now - the previous owner told me it would kill occassionally - but usually restart right away: sometimes right away, sometimes wait a few mintues. sure enough, on my 3rd day out, it happened, but restarted right away. It's been happening more frequently, and taking longer to recover. I almost wish it would die totally!
Anyway, yesterday when it happened I determined it was ignition related. it was dead for about a half hour. of course, I had no test meter with me, and by the time I trailered it home, all was good. OK, I figure it could be: coil, CDI, Stator, or any of the wiring or kill switches.

since it is so intermittant, this is hard to find! any suggestions? and what part is so likely to fix itself? I have a 3 day ride planned, but unless I know I have this nailed the Honda will have to stay home. :(

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
it Sounds like the module is getting hot and shutting down when it cools it will start I would get a manual for your quad and check the specifications in the manual agianst the readings your getting from you components with a multi meter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts