Honda ATV Forum banner

Interesting locker idea..

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  fishfiles 
#1 ·
Thought this was a worthy post, I thought it was a great idea.

#3 ·
Yeah haha, that would get the heart rate accelerating quite quickly wouldn’t it!! Like you say for mud bikes and dedicated ATV park rides it’s a perfect solution, worked very well too in that video.

Reactions: Jeepwm69
#4 ·
I ran a $25 spool locker on old 300. At speed turned great. Low end was harder & needed 8pt turns lol. But was amazing. No need on ta trail machine though...

Reactions: _Wilson_
#5 ·
That's a Very interesting mod design! I'd like to hear fishes comments on this. But.... He stated something totally wrong...... I'll post updates when i have time for more research.

#6 ·
Fiddle brakes, very common on 4x4 trials motors like Land Rovers. Lock one side, turn steering hard over and give it some welly, watch it turn on a sixpence. Banned in a lot of clubs due to unfair advantage.

Reactions: SamUK
#8 ·
Now..... I understand the situations are very deferent.... But when he stated this idea was
this video proves him WRONG! Besides..... I've done this same test on mine (oem front drum brakes) he should have done more research, it IS a great mod, and bike....

#9 ·
With stock tyres and a new machine I quite agree Wilson but with big tyres and old diffs.... Unfortunately he’s right. Also, to maintain forward motion and be able to lock the diff the ‘fiddle brake’ option is far superior to the OEM locking ability. Pull the front brake on a stock machine and you stop, once your stopped your pretty much doomed in deep mud.

#10 ·
He maybe right on his machine (i think someone else built and owns it) ,all I'm saying his statement was wrong... The video proves it.

Sam, you got any close pics. Or more videos.....?

#11 ·
No more videos no.. From what I’ve seen and read this build is top half frame from a 700xx joined to a 300fw lower part frame, known as the ‘hondagade’! Sounds like he sold a highlifter Polaris and bought this.

Edit: He’s quite a knowledgeable guy and definitely has Honda coursing through his blood! Take a look at some of his other videos.

#13 ·
Can you email it to me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.