Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Every helmet I have used but a couple have been Fox. I absolutely love their gear. FYI, Shift and Fox are both made by KBC Helmets.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My wife has a HJC helmet, I just don't like how they fit my head

·
Registered
296 Posts
How good is a Thor brand helmet, before i found this thread I put a small bid on ebay for 1,but if I'm out bidded i'll probably let it go,since I'm interested in the fox helmets,plus since it would be free shipping for the fox helmets,thinking about getting 2 helmets to get the free shipping.Just don't know much about the thor helmet.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thor makes some great products. I would have no problem using their helmet.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
This one is Snell, DOT, ANSI, Inter Galactic, and US Mail approved....LMAO

JK Great ad Red.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Mine had a red light .. It was fire approved too..lmao

·
Registered
86 Posts
This was a good read for me.. I am going to check my bell racing helmets at 350.00 each im curious..

I do have one we retired when the kid flipped race boat one was puctured by 1/4-20 bolt i still have the helmet..

EDIT: here is the snell rating inside the bell helmets it was under foam top rear of helmet. Plus i have a pic of the impact believed to be 1/4-20 bolt from air cleaner on engine..These helmets were purchased from lifline racing equipment our helmets have to be orange full coverage to identify racers in water during mishaps...

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
That bolt could of been a disaster. ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great info many do not know how to test fit a helmet you put it on so your ready to ride then place your arm on the top of helmet and grab the back of the helmet with your hand and try to pull it off your head by pulling forward the same motion that the helmet would go through if you fell on the back of your head you will be surprised how many will pull right off ,it takes a lot of test fitting to get the right fitting helmet some heads even need custom padding to stay on.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
21 Participants
b52bombardier1
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing