Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
There aren't any cons. they are far superior to the non enclosed design......full length tubes=more support, which in turns make happy bearings :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The reason you don't have front brakes the plungers and adjusters are probably rusted to the point they won't move... That was the problem with my front brakes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry new to the forum still trying to figure things out

·
Registered
712 Posts
Did you ever do the 250 rearmed swap

·
Registered
712 Posts
Do they hold up well with the added power.. ??? Can't find a 350 foreman but I can find a 250 at my neighbors lol. Which is better

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Do they hold up well with the added power.. ??? Can't find a 350 foreman but I can find a 250 at my neighbors lol. Which is better
The 250 rear end will be plenty strong enough and easier to install than the 350 rear end

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did I ever say that my dad and the mechanic wouldn't listen to me on the 250 swap so it got a brand spanking new Honda rearend. Hub to hub. Im gonna keep this one shiny for a while. I got aroud to stitching up the plastic on the back and I took off the rear rack and sanded and repainted it. Took of gas tank, airbox, ect and cleaned the 24 years of gunk off the engine and ******* rigged the already ******* rigged lawnmower batt setup so it would at least run with the kick start. my dad thinks the batt is dead and he wants to convert it back from the PO's rear toolbox lawnmower batt to the OEM set up. So shes gonna be wired up all nice soon. And no head lights come on at low beam and only one at high beam so im gonna take all the head lights from my tan atv where I took them out and swap them into this one. And she got new fog light bulbs not too long ago the red fourwheeler should be good for a while!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My dad is totally the opposite he loves the idea of the 250 rear end swap and he says everything has room to be better and more improved

·
Premium Member
12,631 Posts
to me the 250A/350D, ATC250ES Big Red ( 2 inches wider ) is a much better rearend , the axle tubes go all the way to the hubs and the axle being supported by bearings on the ends is a much stronger design that does a better job of sealing water and dirt out , which in turn makes it last longer ....here is my most recent 250 rear end swop , which was a surprise , my buddy came over riding two weeks ago and blew out his 96 300 Fourtrax 2wd rearend , we took it apart at my house , the axle was frozen in the splines of the ring gear and we tried for an hour to get it out , his buddy at a machine shop broke the housing while trying to get it apart in a 50 ton press , so he asked me to find him a 250 rear end and modify it for him , so to save me time and work I found a guy on e-bay that sells 250/250 rearends , rebuilt with new bearings , seals ,brakes and is welded up with mounting bracket and ready to install , with shipping for $525 , which isn't bad , on average by the time I find a rear end , weld it , do the bearings , brakes and seals I got $300 into it , not even counting any of my time ------------anyway my buddy just got a repo house and says he ain't got time to ride no more and he wants to put money on his house and not the bike , ssooooooo , he says will you give me $500 for the bike , found a rear end for $171 on e-bay but when it arrived and I took out the axle it was toast , it had been welded to a hub previously as the spline stripped out , they had cut the weld with a wide blade grinder and cut into the axle 1/3 the way around , both hubs had seal rings grooved into them and needed to be replaced , I contacted the seller Mrtoolbox and he was vey helpful , he sent me a pic of an axle and hubs in great condition and says they are on the way , the rear end is in the jig with brackets in place and just need to be welded up -----------good engine , tires and very dependable , only thing wrong with the bike is it is green and not red ----------------- here's a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks good man! 500 is my tips for an atv with a messed up rearend!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
well the gun truck is doing good, well it was.
I never got around to putting the good headlights from my 2000 in it, we took the batt out completely because it still wouldn't start with a new one, I DID replace the voltage regulator so I guess its the stator or a bad conncetion

but, weve been kick starting it since we owned it, about 2009, and now it broke, the kick starter just flops down line its not engaged, normally I cound put it in gear and rock it back and forth and it would catch and I could kick start it then, but if you try to push it in gear its like its in neutral. No problems either, I just parked it and the next day it was broken,,, I have no clue here, what do you guys think is wrong?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
well the gun truck is doing good, well it was.
I never got around to putting the good headlights from my 2000 in it, we took the batt out completely because it still wouldn't start with a new one, I DID replace the voltage regulator so I guess its the stator or a bad conncetion

but, weve been kick starting it since we owned it, about 2009, and now it broke, the kick starter just flops down line its not engaged, normally I cound put it in gear and rock it back and forth and it would catch and I could kick start it then, but if you try to push it in gear its like its in neutral. No problems either, I just parked it and the next day it was broken,,, I have no clue here, what do you guys think is wrong?
Sounds like one way bearing problem to me

·
Registered
46 Posts
this reminds me of the KX i bought. lol broken frame, all the cables stuck, platics rattle canned and each piece is a different color, and the motor was locked up, now that its unlocked i found out theres no compression! i wanted to flip it and put a motor in my car. guess not lol

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
since the timingchain is stretched on my 96 and we don't ride it, we took the batt out of the 96 and put it in this red atv. Got to fix headlights next.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts