Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as i stated in another thread ive recently put my 300ex back together from yrs of collecting dust,,its completely stock except for about 10 yrs ago i put 2 rears off a 400ex on and dropped 2 teeth on rear sprocket to make up for the shorter tire(made for a real nice gearing set up),

my question is now that i got it going again what mods do i need to do in order to get it a little more current,for instance i hear some of you talking about raptor rear shocks etc etc ? all suggestions welcome

it is a 98 model by the way

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Are you trying to get motor upgrades or suspension upgrades. I have heard of people using the Raptor shock on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Get a better exhaust system, air filter, and jet kit. invest in Nerfbars if you haven't already. I have also hear of people using the Raptor rear shock, I actually would like to do that set-up as well.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yep 01 raptor rear shock will fit if you remove the linkage.And I agree with moose.A good exhaust like hmf or fmf a K&N with outerwears and a jet kit.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
If you remove the linkage???? What are you attching the shock too? If you are going straight to the swingarm then your geometry is off...

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah red straight to the swinger.Thats what everybody that does the mod is doing.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
not me i got it to fit it. it has to be a 01 rapter 660r shock to get it to work though

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry guys i lied a little,,totally forgot but it also has a k&n filter,i know the filter-jetkit-exhaust is a popular route to take but i kinda like my quiet exhaust,,is there a exhaust that will give me a power upgrade but still be kinda tame in the sound department? kinda funny since i like my Z28 as loud as i can get it but not my quad..maybe its from my days of riding where i wasnt exactly welcome if ya know what i mean

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Almost all exhaust have an optional quiet core thats available.They tame the sound a little and you still get the added power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts