Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on a 2007 TRX 250. As I stated before, once the bike is warm, its revvs high for no real reason. While I was checking for leaks on teh boots, I was playing with the choke. Once its warm and revving high, if I pull the choke on, it will die almost instantly. Does that give anyone a clue at all?

I didnt find a leak in the boot BTW.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Have you removed the carb and completely taken it apart and cleaned it? I assume you found no leaks in the boot between the carb and engine? How were you checking for leaks? Use carb cleaner or even a small propane torch, spray the cleaner or just turn the propane gas (NO FLAME) on and move it around the boot while its running, if the idle changes you found your problem. If thats not leaking and the filter is good it almost has to be in the carb somewhere.

I'm not sure how your carb is but mine has a choke valve like a small piston, if it that is knicked up or otherwise not working that could be the problem also..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I was spraying carb cleaner on the boot from the carb to the engine. I did not notice any change from the engine at that time.

Should I buy a rebuild kit, or just pull it apart and clean it really well?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Just clean it really well first to see if it solves the problem

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I'd start with a total disassemble and clean real well. Do you have a manual for that bike? If not you may want one to reset all the adjustments. I redid min and didn't need a kit, yours WAY newer and unless there is an issue with something broken or worn, I can't imagine you would need a rebuild kit. Sounds like just a problem in the idle circuit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I would just clean it first.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helmut, I knew you were out there somewhere. LOL

Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts