Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replaced the throttle cable on a 91 250x and now it won't idle, any thoughts?also where is the idle screw located?thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
It is a black plastic nut on the bottom of the carb.(Sticks down about an inch or so)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Sounds like it's too tight.Maybe not letting it return down to seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i left a little bit of play in the cable,seems like a lot of slack on the carb side( maybe to much) but the idle screw must have fallen off cuz i don't see it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it definatly didn't have an idle screw in it, i made one out of a screw i had laying around, runs and idles great now. the previous owner must have been using the throttle cable to keep the slide up.thanks for all your help

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Good job on the fix!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, now something else is wrong with the quad, i was riding it today and noticed a clicking noice coming from the chain or rear end as well as a slight shimmy especially when shifting,when i got home i saw a small kink in the chain, could that be causing the clicking noise or is it something in the rear end?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
if it's an O-ring chain you probably lost some o-rings they will do that if ou don't keep them Lubed up and clean.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah it's a possiblity thats whats causing it.Or could be a bad bearing in the rear.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah it's a possiblity thats whats causing it.Or could be a bad bearing in the rear.
I think most of the time if its a bearing it is constant noise.At least mine was I had to replace carrier bearing and it would just make a constant grinding squeeking noise

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the chain was dry when i got it, i let it soak in a bucket of oil for a day or two, i thought i got all the kinks out but aparently not. it also looks like a few orings are missing. i'll just get a new chain and replace the sprokets while i'm at it. hopefully the noise will go away with that cuz i know nothing about pulling the axel to replace bearings

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep,definatly need to replace the chain and sprockets,i was ridin it yesterday and the chain started slippin over the front sprocket like a fat kid on ice

·
Registered
94 Posts
sound like to much play in the chain, my uncles warrior did that, i rode it ti a girls house and along the way there it happed like 4-5times, very annoying, try tightining your chain

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
If the chain is tightened properly, check your teeth for wear. If the teeth have sharp points, they are worn. They're not supposed to be sharp on top. Kinks in the chain can cause the chain to jump on the front sprocket and brake teeth off. Usually they'll break every other tooth off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts