Honda ATV Forum banner

i need help

7K views 62 replies 8 participants last post by  Billy250X 
#1 ·
ok my dads polaris 500 we moded the air filter and intake here the pic of it

where running a 180jet and the spark plug is still whigh so we are goen to go up ten to a 190 what u all think

See less See more
#2 ·
Only go up 5.And did you change the pilot jet up any.If it won't open up when you smack it off of idle it needs a bigger pilot jet.

#3 ·
did not change pilot jet if u smack it it will take rite off no hesitation at all runs very hard and tops out great but my plug is still white when topped out it feels like it wants more any comments or help is very appreciated

#4 ·
The title of this thread says it all! LMAO!

#7 ·
Like I said before go up 5.

#10 ·
yah but u run a 190 u can make it leaner with the air screw i mean whave the 180in and we ran it 5 gear wide open and turned it off then we took the plug out it was whight still

#11 ·
true you can but you can't turn it that much to make a difference, that's why you need to up the main..When you all changed the jets did you move the needle down a notch too?

#13 ·
that only covers the mid throttle the main controls the wide open throttle the slow jet covers idle to about 1/4 throttle

#14 ·
ok thank you for all the help i got it running great with a 195 and fourth clip its real responsive and the plug is a shade of brown quad is perfect if jon doesnt destroy it or himself thanks again everyone

#16 ·
hahaha mud he all ready crashed it 5 times lol
we goen to look at a 250r worth 5k in it and he sellen it for 1800 becuse he lost his job

#17 ·
Who's the 250r for.Please don't tell me your gonna give that to jon.Thats to much for him.

#18 ·
I agree with billy 2-strokes are an entirely different world bro get there quick speed that's what they are good for. he can stick with the 300EX.

#19 ·
no it is for my dad if we get it he gonna ride it in nc

#20 ·
my bike getten old we migh retirer her in a few years wat would be a good bike for me to go to

#21 ·
400ex.Good trail quad and all around good machine.

#25 ·
I don't have to.lol

#27 ·
A 400ex.I already told you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.