Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I obviously got into something that I shouldn't have here. I have no idea what this part is or if I can replace it as easily as I took it off. 2. Every time I open the fuel line gas comes pouring out a drain line from the carburetor. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds like your float is stuck open also keep the drain above the carb it should be up in the air. that part that came off may be a starter. look for some numbers or letters on it. that will help identify it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on the float, I will look for a fix on youtube. I pulled this off thinking it was the starter, then referenced youtube only to find out where the starter was really located. I fixed the starter, this part is in the front of the engine and has no part numbers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ditto on your carb-
That other part is your electric shift motor, since you have a TE model (T is for Two wheel drive E is for Electric shift) it is what changes the gears when you press the button

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you want GOOD help come over to atvhonda.com- quick, knowledgeable help and you can download the free Honda Factory Service Manual there as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
1. I obviously got into something that I shouldn't have here. I have no idea what this part is or if I can replace it as easily as I took it off. 2. Every time I open the fuel line gas comes pouring out a drain line from the carburetor. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
That is the es shift motor good luck getting that back together. You are going to have to take the whole thing off the motor now and look up on you tube to figure out how to put it back together. I will give you a hint it may involve 2 small screw drivers or if you are handy with small plastic ties that may work for you.

The other issue is you will most likely need to rebuild the carburator completely. Go online Ebay or Amazon and order the correct kit and clean everything to bare metal if you can that is best and put it back together it is pretty easy should only take an hour from start to finish unless it is really gummed up. Get a can of Brake Clean or submerge it in parts cleaner in a bucket

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks
im pretty sure your float is stuck .you need carb cleaned good

·
Registered
20 Posts

Thanks
Always start from the source follow it down and you will always find the problem. Always best to change the lines and filters first. Gas tank is a big factor when it comes to rust and must be addressed with a good cleaning, a liner or other remedy to fix it. Soak the carb in brake cleaner or use a tank and cleaner system at most hardware stores these days. use pins, wires or anything to clean each and every hole flush it out with cleaner so you can see that the opening is clear. Then use a new kit that you can tust. Make sure of all the settings as you take it apart or you will have problems. There are videos online on YouTube that will show how to do it. You should be good after that. Remember any dirt in the system will cause a needle and seat to stick open and cause the over flow to shoot gas out of the bowl. It will happen every time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The picture is the shift motor. Save yourself a lot of headache and buy a new one. Those are a pain to get back together. The top cover on the carb has a rubber diaphragm under it. If you get brake cleaner or spray carb cleaner on it you will need a new one. It will swell up and never work right again. Buy a Shindy brand carb kit. Use a Q-tip to clean the float needle seat. The gas tank is plastic so rust is not likely a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts