Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what my bike is worth ... it’s lone star everything and a 2019/1989 I wish I knew more I will post a picture sooner rather than later

$15000 to $20000 invested

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I would like to know what my bike is worth ... it’s lone star everything and a 2019/1989 I wish I knew more I will post a picture sooner rather than later

$15000 to $20000 invested
I'm hoping well guessing you left out the decimals!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
38,511 Posts
I'm hoping well guessing you left out the decimals!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
lmao, yeah, 15k-20k ?, it better be solid gold !..lmao.

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
When you say 2019/1989 makes me think it was refurbed / rebuilt in 2019 , 1989 was the last year of the 250R , I have a friend that collects the R series atc and atvs and Banshees and he has a barn full , they can go for a lot of money in just stock form if in pristine condition , and in the $5-10K range with some mods , but they do some serious modifactions to them , all kinds of engine mods , stretched swing arms , serious exhaust chambers , so I could see someone putting $15K into one ---- a pic is worth a thousand words

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally I wouldn't have one as my main and only car. But definitely could see myself having a main car and nice crx side car.
I don't know if there are any other differences with it being Australia but I would also try and find an 89-91 as things are a little more similar and it's easier to find replacement parts.
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

·
Registered
74 Posts
The truth is it's worth what someone will pay for it.

And generally on these resto mods as I call them, some might disagree. But I spent 44 years in Los Angeles looking at the car world, and generally what I found, if you rebuild an old car, and you put say $15,000.00 into it, you can sell it for about one half of that. One half of what you put into it.

The only exception to that was some certain years or makes or models, or, you wait, sometimes years, and then you find that one buyer (with deep pockets, that is plenty of money) that is wild about that car, that make that model and that year. And he/she says name your price. I must have that car. Then you can double or more your money. Otherwise you just do it for the love of doing it, and because YOU like that make, model, year, etc.

So the best thing to do is do what you want to do and don't worry about the money.

How all that applies to the world of atvs, well, there are more experts in the field here and on atvhonda.com.

If you want to say it's worth $20,000.00 but no one will give you that, for it, then .. that's where you are. Keep it and love it.
dc

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
I got a friend who has had used car lots all his life , he says " there is a a$$ for every seat "

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally I wouldn't have one as my main and only car. But definitely could see myself having a main car and nice crx side car.
I don't know if there are any other differences with it being Australia but I would also try and find an 89-91 as things are a little more similar and it's easier to find replacement parts.
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
This is a quad not a car! ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts