Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to repair the sidewall tare but I may just go out and buy 2 new front tires.I like to ask can I replace the 2 front tires with a different manufacture?
I have the honda 2001 foreman 450ES I have dunlops on the rear KT405
25-10-12
I came across a set of new closeout price on DURO BUFFALO PAIR 99.00 FREE SHIPPING
I keep the same size 25x8x12 for the front I read a few reviews on them and guys who own them you can't beat them for mud,snow,or sand.
I stop at the local tire shop trying to see if he could hot patch the tire fron the inside ;he stated the small tare is too close to the tire bead,he did state the belt seem to be in good shape and I may get lucky if I could epoxy the tare back to the tire itself.The tare part is the size of a nickle and I may get lucky.I have some stuff 2 part expoy that I been using over the years and anything you put this stuff too never comes apart again.I use this for glass bedding rifle barrel and action and with out a release agent you will never get the steel apart from any stock if you forget to use a release agent

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I don't know, on a 4x4 machine does the tire weight from front to rear make a difference. I mean if the fronts are heavier will it cause added stress on the trans?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
If you still have good tread I wouldn't spend the cash to buy new tires, Just make sure the inside is clean and put a heavy duty tube in it. putting 2 part epoxy won't last because the tire expans and contracts with temperature and turning puts stress on the sidewalls stretching the rubber.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Agree go with a tube.What kind of tire shop says to try epoxy?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
The same tire shop that repaired Jbacons crotch rocket tire after racing green.

Agree go with a tube.What kind of tire shop says to try epoxy?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The same tire shop that repaired Jbacons crotch rocket tire after racing green.

I told him the rear tire looked blistered..DID HE LISTEN NO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts