Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 300 fourtrax. It has ran good and does run good, but it is making a whining sound in the front end, right around where the shaft comes out of the transmission, and is leaking around that seal. I have changed the oil in the cv joint and changed the oil in the transmission. It is still making it and money is tight and i have no idea how to fix it. Please help if you can.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I have a 94 300 fourtrax. It has ran good and does run good, but it is making a whining sound in the front end, right around where the shaft comes out of the transmission, and is leaking around that seal. I have changed the oil in the cv joint and changed the oil in the transmission. It is still making it and money is tight and i have no idea how to fix it. Please help if you can.
Have you checked to make sure the transfer case it full on oil?

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Welcome to the forums Agree^^^ also the inputshaft bearing may be getting ready to go out.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Agree^^^^^!!And welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, i have the trasfer cas is full, and it is weird because it does not start making it until 3rd gear. I got it off the ground lastnight and ran it, and the noise didnt get real loud until 4th gear..

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Then I would say your issue is in the tranny rather than the frontend noise transfers. if you tske about a 2 foot piece of broom handle and go through the gears like before, put one end on the tranmission case and your ear to the other and listen, do the same for the transfercase and front end. BE CAREFUL!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did that and it is loudest in the tranny, but there is also oil leaking around the front of the drive shaft coming out of the transfer case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts