Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day on a camping trip my Rancher wasn't tracking straight and it was kind of a pain steering it to keep it going straight. Didn't think much about it and when I got home I noticed when the handle bar is pointed straight the left wheel is straight and the right wheel is pointed off to the right. Nothing looks bent or anything and its only a 2x4 so its not ridden to hard. Is this just a tie rod needing adjusting or is it something else? It hasn't always been like this cause believe me its very noticeable. Also its recently gotten alot squeekier if you know what I mean. Just cruising along on say a dirt road it will squeek real bad over the tiniest of bumps. Is it time for some suspension replacements/upgrades or what?

Thanks for the help this is a great site.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Ball joints or tie rod ends may be the cause of the squeeking.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I would say that it's probably just the alignment needing adjusted, but I would be sure to check all of the suspension/steering parts to make sure nothing is bent or wore, first. Also, make sure the tire air pressure is correct, before you start adjusting the alignment. Sometimes they just look like they are out of alignment, unless it is out a whole lot and real obvious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say that it's probably just the alignment needing adjusted, but I would be sure to check all of the suspension/steering parts to make sure nothing is bent or wore, first. Also, make sure the tire air pressure is correct, before you start adjusting the alignment. Sometimes they just look like they are out of alignment, unless it is out a whole lot and real obvious.

Trust me its very obvious the wheel is not straight.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If there is nothing defective, then just squirt some lub on the rubber around the tie rods and particularly the shock ends. My 08 was squeaking real bad and it was the rubber mount of the front shocks. Some silicon lub spray cured it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts