Honda ATV Forum banner

I finally got a new ride...you're going to hang me!

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  ATC4ever 
#1 ·
Hey friends,

So after 14 months of patience and planning, this past Saturday I went down to Phoenix and picked up a brand new Honda. Yes, it has four wheels, but...I have so many people in my life who want to come along for the ride, I just couldn't bring myself to get a Rancher/Foreman/Rubicon, so I got the CLOSEST thing to it:

#3 ·
nice sxs !. kinda confused though ?, you said you wanted something bigger because of your family ?, well, as I see it, your only going to be able to bring one person along. all you gained is one place for another passenger. why didn't you go with a double row seater ?, like the 1000, or maybe the 700 ?, or do they not have double row seats on these ?, pretty sure the 1000 has double row seats, not sure on the 700 though ?. something tells me, your going to wish you had gotten the bigger sxs later on.

Reactions: creed82
#16 ·
So, in answer to your question:
1 - The Pioneer does a much better job of hauling two people than the Rancher did. For example, I would never have gotten my 300lb dad to ride on the Rancher with me, with arms around my waist...you get the picture. But this little Pioneer 500 is awesome with my dad and I together on a ride.
2 - I could only afford the Pioneer 500. The 700 or 1000 or pretty much anything bigger than the 500 was out of reach for my strict budget. So that's where $ played a limiting factor. I wanted something bigger before I even purchased the P500, that's not a question. But for the price of a Honda Foreman I got a SxS...with a Foreman engine in it. As soon as I can afford it, I will get something bigger.

Reactions: misterclean59
#4 ·
I just looked this model up on partzilla, they don't even show a 2018 500 sxs ?, all I seen was 1000 and 700 ?. they did show a 2017 500 sxs..are you sure you got a 2018 ???.

#7 ·
Hey friends, So after 14 months of patience and planning, this past Saturday I went down to Phoenix and picked up a brand new Honda....
I now have made the connection between Southwest/Creed. Personally, I'm delighted and thrilled for you to get something knowing how much you enjoyed the Rancher. I also look forward to seeing some videos and comments along with way regarding the P500. Knowing you, those factory tires will be worn down soon given the ability to ride on hard surfaces unlike here, LOL.

You can PM me on the side and I will share some ideas on how to make the ride even more enjoyable..

#9 ·
Hey friends, So after 14 months of patience and planning, this past Saturday I went down to Phoenix and picked up a brand new Honda....
I now have made the connection between Southwest/Creed. Personally, I'm delighted and thrilled for you to get something knowing how much you enjoyed the Rancher. I also look forward to seeing some videos and comments along with way regarding the P500. Knowing you, those factory tires will be worn down soon given the ability to ride on hard surfaces unlike here, LOL.

You can PM me on the side and I will share some ideas on how to make the ride even more enjoyable..
I had the privilege to ride in one of these in AZ awhile back on their streets..omg..talk about feeling out of place ?..lol. something just..didn't..feel right about being on the streets, surrounded by cars/trucks..in that little ole sxs ?..yikes !!..lol. ummmm..no thanks..i'll stay on the trials !..lol.

#10 ·
[/QUOTE] I had the privilege to ride in one of these in AZ awhile back on their streets..omg..talk about feeling out of place ?..lol. something just..didn't..feel right about being on the streets, surrounded by cars/trucks..in that little ole sxs ?..yikes !!..lol. ummmm..no thanks..i'll stay on the trials !..lol.[/QUOTE]

I agree, sharing the road with vehicles in a 1025 lb unit is intimating and something, I wouldn't be interested in as well. Like you, I'll stick with the trails. In the town next to me, SxS are allowed in town where the speed is 30 mph and you see tons of UTV's, and not allowed outside that 30 mph circle around town. A number of these folks have fully enclosed units with air/heat, etc..... and suspect they have more $$ in the UTV than a very nice vehicle...

#22 ·
True, although I can honestly say it has the power to do what it's intended to do - considering the suspension limits, etc. It is geared low enough it's quite torquey. I even added larger wheels/tires and it still has great power. Just not much speed - comfortable cruising about 30mph.

#19 ·

Yessir! I will PM you pronto. You've probably seen the upgrades I've done so far as shown on the Honda SxS Club, including new wheels, tires etc.

#21 ·

I had the privilege to ride in one of these in AZ awhile back on their streets..omg..talk about feeling out of place ?..lol. something just..didn't..feel right about being on the streets, surrounded by cars/trucks..in that little ole sxs ?..yikes !!..lol. ummmm..no thanks..i'll stay on the trials !..lol.
I know what you mean, I do it all the time. But, I will say that you get used to it, especially when you see people doing it all around you. But yes, it's weird the first 10 times or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.