Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago or so I built a snow plow to go on my 420 Rancher and used a winch to lift it. It worked pretty good as far as lifting it but the plow seemed to jump up alot due to the lack of down pressure. So yesterday I was at work and remembered we have a old boat with a inboard motor sitting in the corner so that got me thinking.... It has a 12 volt hydraulic pump and 2 small cylinders for adjusting the trim on the boat.... So I pulled the pump and cylinders off and as many lines as I could get to. My plan is to make the cylinder pin on the front of my Rincon ( like the top link on a tractor 3 point lift) I will post pics of my plow and the hydraulic stuff. What do you guys think??? Good Idea??

·
Registered
372 Posts
I tried something similar a few years ago, but couldn't get it to work with the drop off at the bottom of my driveway without constantly adjusting it.

I'd love to be able to get something like that to work. The downpressure would be great to scrape the tire marks left over from backing my jeep out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's a great idea man!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Use the electric Linear actuators they don't cost as much and you can get to length needed, lift and dump with down pressure.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Only problem with being forced down is increased wear on the moldboard.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Use the electric Linear actuators they don't cost as much and you can get to length needed, lift and dump with down pressure.
That was a idea I thought of early on. But heres the thing I have a 12 volt hydraulic pump and 4 cylinders that were free. I have priced some of those actuators and they get pretty expensive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have been gathering things up to rework my plow mount so I can make it hydraulic and Im pretty sure I have every thing I need to build it. I also remembered that I have a old Ariens lawn tractor out at my Grandpas place that has most of the stuff I need to build the 3 point system. I need about 10 feet of heavy wall square tubing to build the 3 point and I should have every thing I need. I had also been looking at these rough cut pull behind mowers and trying to figure out the best way to build one but that has been solved.... I got to work this morning and someone had hauled 1 in for scrap now all I need is a motor. Also I have been thinking about making it hook up to the 3 point like a brush hog for a tractor. What do you guys think would be better Pull behind or 3 point???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
hickory
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing