Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a thread last night and read if u keep it in second instead of first for take of (Because 1st is consider LOW i think so u should start off in 2nd) and if u hold up or down. not sure what it is or even what it ment u can wheelie pretty easy.

Now the reason i have re posted this is because i lost that thread and would like a quick answer so i can go try it for my self.

So the question is - How do you wheelie a Fourtrax 350 all time 4x4?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Look in your browser history.

·
Registered
383 Posts
pull back to lift the front.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, just put it in second and then hold up on the shifter with your foot. Now rev it up and drop the shifter quickly. It's just like popping a clutch on a manual clutch. It might be a little harder to do one on a full time 4X4, though. I don't know if that will even work on a 4X4. I'm not much of a wheelie person, so I haven't really tried it on a 4X4. The 4X4 models are heavier and it's a little easier to tear something up. It works good on a 2wd, though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i guess it wont work for me since my shift is by my left thumb, i don't have a foot shifter, and yes my friend has a warrior and makes me jealous with all the fun he has in sand that i cant do, not to mention the wheelies his bike can do haha. but it seems i always helping him up hills, threw mud and rivers so it evens out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
just get the rpms up in second and when you lift up hurry and shift .its like starting a wheelie in 1st on sport quad.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On my Grizzly i just put it in drive and gas it and up comes the front no problem at all!!! GRIZZLY POWER!!!

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Just lean back, pull up and give it some beans!! Get ready on that rear break though if your a first time wheelie-er ;-)

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I'm a crazy SOB on a bike/ski doo but as soon as I get on my TRX300FW I treat it like the majestic beast it is; with as much respect as possible.

Maybe that's just because I've done so much work to it and seen the $$ that goes with it. Being piss poor doesn't help either :)

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Agreed!!
Get it wrong and it can be costly and painful, so easy to disable yourself for life on an ATV. Ozzy Osbourne is a perfect example, He may of been high at the time though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts