Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as you can see in the title I need to mount some tires that used to be studded. Rear tires if that makes a difference. So can I just throw an inner tube in and put the tire on the rim or is there more to it?

Also how hard are the atv tires to mount? do I need any special tools or is it pretty striaght forward?

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Mounting the tires is a nit of a challenge without a tire machine but it can be done. when the tires were studded did the go all the way through the tire? most of the time they just screw into the tread

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Also how hard are the atv tires to mount? do I need any special tools or is it pretty striaght forward?
If you're talking about mounting the tire on the rim, it's a lot easier to take them somewhere that mounts ATV tires as they are extremely hard to do. The hard part is breaking the bead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I figured I couldn;t mount them myself. I don't think the holes are all the way through, there stored in the roof of my garage but I'll try to take a look soon. I didn't stud them, the previous owner did and the studs were out when I got them. I just saw the holes and assumed they screwed them from the inside.

Thanks for the quick responses and all the help.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I don't know about ATV tires, but automobile tires are studded from the outside and don't go all the way through. I would say ATV tires are the same way.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Agree ^^^ most of the time 1/4 self tapping screws are used if one can't afford to buy actual studs.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yep, I've seen that too. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts